Making A Walmart Sign

Decorating By stephandcorey Updated 13 Aug 2014 , 7:32pm by Dayti

stephandcorey Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 10

I made the sign, however I cannot seem to figure out how to make it stand up. I was going to also make fondant post to go on the back of the sign to hold it up but the post snapped the first time I tried to move it. I have never made a sign that had to stand on its own. Any advice?

9 replies
Dayti Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 10

A"Glue" one or two lollipop sticks to the back with royal icing or melted white chocolate. Sink the sticks into your cake and your sign will be vertical and safe.

stephandcorey Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 10

Should I put anything on the back of the sign going horizontal? There is a 2 1/2 hour drive (in Texas) to deliver this cake.

Dayti Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 10

AYeah you can reinforce it if you want but if you made it from gumpaste it should dry fine and be strong enough. If you are taking the cake, I would put the sign on upon arrival.

stephandcorey Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 5:22pm
post #5 of 10

I made it with fondant

Dayti Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 5:54pm
post #6 of 10

AHopefully it will dry in time.

stephandcorey Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 6:01pm
post #7 of 10

Its got three days left until its due. Should I look into a back up plan?

MimiFix Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 6:08pm
post #8 of 10

I'm a bit confused. Can you please explain the context of the Walmart sign. That is, can you explain the circumstances for needing a sign that says Walmart. 

stephandcorey Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 6:10pm
post #9 of 10

A customers mother in law works there. She is elderly and (Only God knows why) but the customer wants the cake with the mother in law in a WM vest and a WM sign on the top of the cake

Dayti Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 7:32pm
post #10 of 10

AIf you have gumpaste, I would definitely make another using that. Or mix in some tylose with your fondant, and make another. 3 days is ample for either if those options. Fondant will dry fairly hard but I would go for either of the others. It will also depend on the size of the sign...if its a couple of inches wide it might be ok in fondant, but 4" or so could be risky. I make anything that has to dry hard out of GP, just my opinion. Others may find that straight fondant works for them though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%