How Do I Make This Cake And Cakepop Combo??

Decorating By mmhassa2 Updated 13 Aug 2014 , 1:01pm by noosalucy

mmhassa2 Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 12:51am
post #1 of 2

So I have a person asking for something like this cake and cakepop combo for a small (50) people wedding. Just trying to figure out what part is cake and what part is cakepop? I'm guessing the cakepops are stuck on dummy cakes? Or are they cake balls?  Wondering if cakepops stuck on top like this would break/fall off?

How can it be made for a 50 people wedding party? Like what size dummy cakes, number of cake pops and she wants a small actual cake somewhere on it as well. 

1 reply
noosalucy Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 2

Hi, your picture link doesn't work correctly I had to delete part of it to find the picture.

I would guess it is a fondant tiered cake with purple ribbon (looks like super wide purple ribbon that goes nearly the whole height of the cake as you can't see white fondant between the cake balls) and cake balls glued around the sides as the decoration.  It could be fondant covered dummy cakes.

Cake balls glued to fondant with white chocolate would hold very well.

Regarding sizing for 50 guests - it would depend on how big your cake balls are.

The pictured cake I would guess at 4" 6" 8", and from a rough count the 8" has maybe 60-70 cake balls, the 6" 48-54 cake balls and the 4" 36-42 cake balls.

Does your customer want just one cake ball per guest, or more?  I personally wouldn't do smaller than a 2 tier 4" + 6", the 4" could be an actual cake and the 6" a dummy.  You'd end up with 80+ cake balls.

All the best.

Quote by @%username% on %date%