The World Lost Robin Williams Today

Lounge By Singerssoul Updated 16 Aug 2014 , 12:24am by MBalaska

Singerssoul Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 12:30am
post #1 of 9

The world has lost a most gifted actor and comedian. They are stating at this time it is a possible suicide. God Bless you Robin. May he surround and keep your family during this time of grief. They will miss you, the world will miss you, and I will miss you.:ouch:

8 replies
enga Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 2:15am
post #2 of 9

Such sad news. He had a beautiful spirit, he will be missed.

AZCouture Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 2:20am
post #3 of 9

AHe was freakin awesome.

KellyKSD Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 8:35am
post #4 of 9

So shocking and sad. I have heard that most comedians actually have a lot of personal demons (that is, comedy is usually born from tragedy and sadness)'s too bad that even after a long career of bringing laughter to so many, Robin couldn't overcome that darkness. Such a loss.

Faradaye Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 11:42am
post #5 of 9

ARIP Captain my Captain.

morganchampagne Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 2:26pm
post #6 of 9

AFlubber, Aladdin, Mrs Doubtfire, Jack. Man he was a huge part of my childhood, and I continued to watch him even now. So sad and genuinely heartbroken about this

enga Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 1:39am
post #7 of 9

I keep remembering Nanu Nanu,  so many great memories of him and his legacy of laughter. I had the biggest crush on him when he played on Mork and Mindy, lol. My favorite movies by him were One hour Photo and Mrs. Doughtfire.

He was a very multi faceted artist and this is indeed a sad occasion but I will try to remember all the good things about him and the impact that he had on me and my family's lives.

God bless and keep his loved ones while dealing with his loss.

mattyeatscakes Posted 14 Aug 2014 , 8:03pm
post #8 of 9

AWhen i first heard the news, i was in total shock. I couldn't believe it! Not Robin! :( and then knowing how he died made it more heartbreaking. He gave so much to the world, made so many people smile, laugh or even cry. It saddens me to think that he died alone, and probably scared.

I hope that he did not die in vain, that his death will take away the stigma on mental illness.

I remembered a CC member (Rylan) who was brilliant, and from what i read, was very kind and generous with his talent. Yet he too took his own life :( i was saddened when i read the threads about him.

I read a quote the other day that goes:

"Be kind to everyone, you do not know the battle that they are in."

MBalaska Posted 16 Aug 2014 , 12:24am
post #9 of 9

'Insomnia' that is my favorite movie of his.  Williams plays a straight part, and as many great comedians often do, they are brilliant at drama.   (Oh and it's in Alaska - and pretty realistic.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%