Mixing Large Quantity Of Cake Batter

Decorating By BakersGuy Updated 14 Aug 2017 , 6:29pm by Cher2309b

BakersGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakersGuy Posted 6 Aug 2014 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 9

Hello Fam

Question, I am mixing a large quantity of cake batter and don't think my mixer can handle it all at one time.  Can I make half the batter and set it a side while I start on the second half of the batter?

Will it be safe for batter to sit for about 5 to 6 minutes before going into the oven? 

Thanks!

Bakersguy

BTW-YOU ALL ROCK!!!!!!

8 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Aug 2014 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 9

yes a-ok  no you rock!

cake style Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake style Posted 6 Aug 2014 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 9

ASometimes I have divide the batter in to two and bake one after the other. So some batter have to wait for longer. I didn't have trouble. I think you should try. Good luck.

mermaidcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mermaidcakery Posted 6 Aug 2014 , 9:07pm
post #4 of 9

ADon't quote me, but I have read here on this forum that people hold batter by putting it in the fridge. Though for 5-6 minutes that doesn't seem necessary. It takes me longer than that sometimes to fill cupcake tins, lol

bayamart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bayamart Posted 6 Aug 2014 , 9:17pm
post #5 of 9

When I have a large batch to mix I usually start baking the first batch, then prepare for the next batch, just to avoid anything happening to it while leaving it out.

Cher2309b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cher2309b Posted 14 Aug 2017 , 6:29pm
post #6 of 9

Hi BakersGuy. I'm a hobby cake decorator; so I don't know if this works in theory but it works well in practice for me.

i have a humungous mixing bowl for those times when my mixer is too small. I beat the butter, sugar, eggs as usual (for a butter cake), or melt the chocolate, butter, etc (for a chocolate mudcake). Then pour it into my huge bowl and fold in the other ingredients with a wooden spoon.

Seems I'm getting a big daddy of a Kitchen Aid as a birthday present next month. Ssshhhh... it's a surprise and I know nothing about it. My small one was a present from hubby a few years ago and I think he feels a little guilty when he sees me struggling with the giant bowl and wooden spoon.

post #7 of 9

Hi BakersGuy. I'm a hobby cake decorator; so I don't know if this works in theory but it works well in practice for me.

i have a humungous mixing bowl for those times when my mixer is too small. I beat the butter, sugar, eggs as usual (for a butter cake), or melt the chocolate, butter, etc (for a chocolate mudcake). Then pour it into my huge bowl and fold in the other ingredients with a wooden spoon.

Seems I'm getting a big daddy of a Kitchen Aid as a birthday present next month. Ssshhhh... it's a surprise and I know nothing about it. My small one was a present from hubby a few years ago and I think he feels a little guilty when he sees me struggling with the giant bowl and wooden spoon.

post #8 of 9

post #9 of 9

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%