Ideas For A Cake That My 4 Year Old Can Help Decorate

Decorating By louglou Updated 5 Aug 2014 , 7:58pm by louglou

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 5 Aug 2014 , 12:18pm
post #1 of 3

I'd like to make a cake for the nursery that my 4 year old attends as she is leaving to go to school in September. She's been there since she was 11 months and it has been fantastic.

I've seen gorgeous ones like this one, but I don't know if I can get my fondant to look that smooth (my ckaes usually have plenty of embellishments to hide the bumbs) and I don't know if my daughter would be able to fill it. She tends to get frustrated with her drawings and want to scribble them out and start again.

Is there any way I could let her draw on some hardened fondant and use that to decorate a cake? I was thinking about cupcake toppers, but I'd rather do a whole cake.

Thanks.

2 replies
winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 5 Aug 2014 , 12:25pm
post #2 of 3

AYou could easily make a plaque the size of the cake top, and if you're not happy with her drawing, make another. Or maybe try making building blocks to put on top of the cake that she can decorate with drawings. You could always embellish the sides with handcut pieces so it looks like an appliqué work, that would disguise issues too.

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 5 Aug 2014 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks winniemog. I can't really picture how applique would look. I might just stick to cupcake toppers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%