Bride Wants Suggestions On Cake Flavors And Fillings. Help!

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 4 Aug 2014 , 6:11am by bubs1stbirthday

sweettreat101 Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:21am
post #1 of 6

She said she would like the main cake to be white cake and wants suggestions on a filling. She wants two different flavor sheet cakes to make up the extra servings. I have never had a bride that has no idea on her cake flavors. She wanted me to ask the experts for two cake flavors and fillings for an outdoor wedding. She is more concerned with finding flavors that her guest's will enjoy over what she will enjoy. Any ideas greatly appreciated. I have less than two weeks until the wedding. Thank you

5 replies
johnson6ofus Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 2:02am
post #2 of 6

I would certainly do one chocolate/ fudge and one fruit (raspberry?), and maybe one "less sweet" like lemon curd. 

sweettreat101 Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 3:09am
post #3 of 6

Can you use a lemon curd for an outdoor wedding? It's been pretty hot out here in California.

kakeladi Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 3:42am
post #4 of 6

Butter pecan cake w/bavarian creme fill.

Choco w/raspberry fill

lemon w/raspberry fill

sweettreat101 Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 4:16am
post #5 of 6

What brand of clear vanilla is best CK or Wilton.

bubs1stbirthday Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 6:11am
post #6 of 6

Choc Orange (Jaffa) yum! I have done this several times with both orange essence and fresh orange juice - I hate to admit it but my favourite (tastes just like Allen's Jaffa lollies) is the orange essence. I use a choc orange filling in the cake too. Would love to direct you to a recipe but honestly I just add it to taste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%