White Chocolate Cake Recipe

Baking By lillyanne Updated 2 Sep 2014 , 5:09pm by MBalaska

lillyanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillyanne Posted 3 Aug 2014 , 1:20pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone

I am looking for a good white chocolate cake recipe. Preferably not a mud cake but something a bit lighter. Dont know if this is possible as white melted chocolate will have to be used as there is obviously no such thing as white cocoa powder :D

Thank you in advance

Lisa

7 replies
Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 3 Aug 2014 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 8

ARLB's White Chocolate Whisper Cake. If you don't mind artificial flavorings, then I'd suggest taking your regular vanilla cake and washing it down with white chocolate syrup, like Torani. I've never thought about making a simple syrup and fortifying it with melted chocolate, but maybe? If you really want to go down the road further, look into the "gourmet cake flavor's" thread here on CC that's a million billion pages long, look for the google document. There's a box mix based one in there.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 2:19am
post #3 of 8

It's definitely called whisper cake for a reason.  White chocolate is such a delicate subtle flavor that it kind of gets lost in the cake.  I made this cake long before I first tried White Chocolate Ganache, and I think that would have been the best compliment to the cake. (rather than the strong vanilla buttercream)

http://home.comcast.net/~clmero/JustDesserts/Cakes/RWhiteChocolateWhisperCake.htm

Alfiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alfiesmom Posted 2 Sep 2014 , 2:27am
post #4 of 8

there's also a White Chocolate pudding mix (Jello brand I can only find at Walmart) that you could add to your cake mix

lillyanne Posted 2 Sep 2014 , 12:20pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
 there's also a White Chocolate pudding mix (Jello brand I can only find at Walmart) that you could add to your cake mix

thanks Alfiesmom but im from the UK and unfortunately we dont get jello pudding mix here but i would be interested to know if anyone could tell me if we have something similar here in the UK as there are many things that i have seen that Jello pudding mixes can be added

thanks again 

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 2 Sep 2014 , 3:52pm
post #6 of 8

I believe that the closest thing to a US pudding mix, is what in the UK would be sold as Angel Delight (I remember that Butterscotch was a fave at our house growing up). What I don't know, is the weight of a pudding mix in the US or the weight of Angel Delight, in order to do a conversion. And I don't know if AD comes in white chocolate flavour. So yeah, not sure I've been much help really!

lillyanne Posted 2 Sep 2014 , 4:50pm
post #7 of 8

AThanks Dayti. I thought it would b something like angel delite or dream topping.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 2 Sep 2014 , 5:09pm
post #8 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by lillyanne 

Hi everyone

I am looking for a good white chocolate cake recipe. Preferably not a mud cake but something a bit lighter. Dont know if this is possible as white melted chocolate will have to be used as there is obviously no such thing as white cocoa

Rose B's "White Chocolate Whisper Cake" from her book the Cake Bible would probably what you are looking for, it's not a mud cake, it's light, it's tasty.  Give it a try with White Chocolate Ganache and enjoy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%