Oven

Business By sugarshackdxb Updated 3 Aug 2014 , 5:22pm by cai0311

sugarshackdxb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshackdxb Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 10:46am
post #1 of 5

Hi

Im planing to make my own place for baking , im building new kitchen for my baking and i want to buy nice oven which can stand a lot of baking, can anyone suggest a good oven which brand or specifications that i should look for?? i will really appreciate any help because im really lost at the moment and i dont know what to buy :oops:

thank you very for your help. 

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 11:48am
post #2 of 5

Ai have a deluxe cake oven -- it's called radiant ray -- the deluxe company is out of bradenton fl -- it is basically a soft convection oven -- it has gently but efficiently blowing fans -- bakes great -- best of the best to you building & baking in your new dedicated space

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 4:01pm
post #3 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by -K8memphis 

i have a deluxe cake oven -- it's called radiant ray -- the deluxe company is out of bradenton fl -- it is basically a soft convection oven -- it has gently but efficiently blowing fans -- bakes great --
best of the best to you building & baking in your new dedicated space

ok whoops it's called convect-a-ray, not radiant ray

Quote:

"deluxe utilizes a combination of radiant heat both above and below the product...a combination of gentle convection and radiant heat rays provides an excellent bake and retains more product moisture."

i was close though ;)  and bradenton will give you a break off the list price but i got mine brand new out of georgia and i got a huge discount on it -- i'm looking for the paperwork...but i know how it is when you're trying to make these big decisions and you need more information than you can get-- 

i can't find the paperwork i think it was these folks but as i've already demonstrated my memory is not super reliable ;) but they have a lot of used ones now too --

http://www.atlantarestaurantequipment.net/category.sc;jsessionid=63B72F4063DD3D179C301EE5858F3D59.m1plqscsfapp01?categoryId=58

but i got a cd-2-3 that holds three full sheet pans-- you can get them bigger -- as i understood it from my fire marshall i did not need a hood for this oven and it comes without a cord and the electrician installs this for you -- has to probably run wire & upgrade your electrical box too -- 

best shopping to you!

sugarshackdxb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshackdxb Posted 3 Aug 2014 , 9:23am
post #4 of 5

thank you so much. i really appreciate it,

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 3 Aug 2014 , 5:22pm
post #5 of 5

I have a convection oven at home that has the option of regular bake and convection bake. If I select convection bake I punch in the temp I would use for regular baking and the temp is automatically adjusted (lower by 25 degrees).

When I had just a regular oven I baked my cakes at 325 degrees. With the convection bake I punch in 375 degrees, the temp is automatically lowered to 350 degrees, and I get the same results (moist cake, no "hump"). I have NOT noticed the baking time being shorter using the convection oven but I can bake so much more at a time by using all 2 racks in the oven.

I can bake an entire 4 tier cake (2 12" round, 2 10" round, 2 8" round, 2 6" round) at the same time. Takes about 1 1/2 hours (baking and cooling time).

The main thing you have to look for is a true convection oven. Some ovens call themselves convection ovens because they have a fan, but they are not really convection ovens. The oven I have has 3 heating elements: top and bottom (like normal) and a third heating element behind the fan so the air that is blown into the oven is the same temp as the oven. This is really the only way the entire oven is the same temp causing even baking.

The only negative I have is sometimes (not every time) the top the cake gets hard, almost crust like. I trim the top off of each cake so it doesn't matter and it doesn't affect the rest of the cake - just the top. I think it is because of the fan blowing on it but I am not sure. Like I said, it is only sometimes this happens.

I own the Samsung FTQ38LWGX. I bought it from Lowes for $1400 including installation

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%