LizzieAylett Posted 29 Jul 2014 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 6

A rather disturbing, if chemically correct, idea for an egg substitute:

http://www.organicauthority.com/not-your-average-egg-substitute-blood

5 replies
enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 29 Jul 2014 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 6

This is wrong on so many levels (barf), think I'll just stick with ground flax as a substitute.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 29 Jul 2014 , 8:11pm
post #3 of 6

Yum. 43g of blood (doesn't specify from which animal, maybe we can use our own to save money too!) to replace 1 egg white. Bloody SMBC, anyone? 

Pouches of blood, coming to supermarket shelves near you soon!

enga Posted 30 Jul 2014 , 12:29am
post #4 of 6

about 70 percent of blood from pigs is “separated into plasma and serum used in animal feed, pharmaceutics, cosmetics, and commercial products like cigarette filters.” >.<

Starting to seriously think about becoming a vegan.......and living in a van down by the river.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 30 Jul 2014 , 12:57am
post #5 of 6

Over the past several decades I have seen numerous news spots which have been just as shockingly ridiculous. That story was published in January, so I don't think it's going anywhere. Let's all take a deep breath.

enga Posted 30 Jul 2014 , 3:35am
post #6 of 6

I surely hope not and even if it did hit the market, we as consumers don't have to buy it,(would love to know the chemical name for that product.) The point to me is that they are considering marketing it. I mean really, substitute eggs made out of animals blood, possibly pigs blood. What will they think of next?

SMH, Frankenfood at its finest.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/images/bytes/franken-egg.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%