3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
3/4 cup cake flour1 ½ tsp baking powder, sifted¼ tsp salt½ tsp ground cinnamon½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp allspice
8 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature1 cup sugar2 eggs, at room temperature1 cup fresh bananas, mashed2 Tbsp honey⅓ cup water
Cream Cheese Frosting
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
6 oz cream cheese
4 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a standard cupcake pan.
- Sift together the first seven ingredients and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar for 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down bowl after each addition.
- Add the bananas and honey, and mix slowly until incorporated.
- Alternate flour mixture and water, beginning with flour ending with water.
- Scoop batter into cups until 3/4 full, and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
- For the frosting - Whisk together the butter, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer for 5 minutes, or until light and airy. Fill a plastic piping bag fitted with a plain round tip.
- Using an apple corer, core out the center of each banana cupcake and fill with hot fudge. (You can squeeze the hot fudge from a squeeze bottle.)
- Frost cupcakes and with drizzle of hot fudge, rainbow jimmies, nuts etc. (any favorite sundae topping!), and a cherry on top.