Sugarbean Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:45pm
post #1 of

So I bought all my flowers to arrange to put on my cakes. The florist gave me bad info! I bought $80 worth of flowers. She said, "oh just put them in your fridge they'll be fine!".

I get up this AM to check, they are NOT so fine! All freakin' dead!! Grrr....Now I have to go back, and convince them to replace them. Grrr...

icon_mad.gif Not starting out as a good day!

10 replies
JoAnnB Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 7:23pm
post #2 of

What a huge pain! Hope you get good results from the florist. Flowers should have lasted much longer in the fridge. they must have been half dead when you bought them.

Sugarbean Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 7:41pm
post #3 of

Good News...I took them back and they replaced them all icon_smile.gif

JoAnnB Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 8:40pm
post #4 of

That's a relief! Now you know you can probably trust them for the future. Florists can really make or break a cake.

mom2spunkynbug Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 10:37pm
post #5 of

I'm glad it all worked out for you!

So how do you attach fresh flowers to a cake? Are there any pics in your photos?

Sugarbean Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 5:12am
post #6 of

See it now??? icon_wink.gif

jmt1714 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 2:04pm
post #7 of

um, i assume they were in WATER and in the fridge, yes?

bethola Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 2:16pm
post #8 of

Okay, got to say this...my florist friend tells me that some refrigerators are too cold for different types of flowers. They still need refrigeration, but at a slightly higher temp. (cala lillies)

I was told the same thing for my cousin's wedding. I was the wedding planner. My friend was out of town and her designer told me to put the cala lilies in the refrigerator. I did. Frig was too cold and killed the flowers. I had to use floral paint to fix them AFTER I took the bouquets apart and put them back together. It wasn't pretty.

I'm glad the florist replaced them, now you have a florist you can trust.

Beth in KY

ShirleyW Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 11:44pm
post #9 of

They might hold better in a bucket of water in your garage, this time of the year it should be about as cold as your refrigerator. besides, you don't want the flowers and the cake in the same refrigerator anyway, in case there are any tiny little bugs in the flowers.

Sugarbean Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 11:51pm

icon_lol.gif Where I live, my garage is frozen icon_lol.gif

But perhaps in someone's place further south. Sorry it just made me laugh because I have an 8 ft snow pile in front of my house right now. icon_smile.gif

ShirleyW Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 12:03am

What can I say? I am a California girl. I should know better though, my mother was from Hannah, Alberta. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%