Peanut Butter Smbc

Baking By 61999 Updated 24 Jul 2014 , 2:34am by icer101

61999 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
61999 Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 8

I have tried all sorts of different ratios of peanut butter in SMBC but no matter what, it renders it so soft!!  The latest I did was 8 oz egg whites, 12 oz sugar, 10 oz butter, 6 oz peanut butter - and STILL too soft.

Anyone make one that works?

7 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 10:38pm
post #2 of 8

AMake your smbc as normal, and then [B]fold[/B] peanut butter in when you're done. You don't make it part of the cooking process, it's just something you add at the end.

AZCouture Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 8

ANo measuring necessary, just toss some in when you're done. If you need to make a big batch, then use your mixer with the regular mixing attachment, not the whisk, just to get it evenly mixed in.

61999 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
61999 Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 8

Ok, that's pretty much what I did....whipped in the butter, and then added the peanut butter (with the whip attachment).  So maybe try with the paddle instead of the whip?

Thank you -

AZCouture Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 11:04pm
post #5 of 8

You just don't want air bubbles getting in, which the whip will do, so I switch to paddle once it's time to add the butter. Maybe you're adding too much peanut butter?

AZCouture Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 11:07pm
post #6 of 8

And it's probably going to make it soft no matter what, so unless it's a dessert style cake (simply iced with no decorations), the only thing I ice with on the outside of the cake is normal SMBC. Any flavorings or chunky/fruit type additions are restricted to filling only.

rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 24 Jul 2014 , 1:00am
post #7 of 8

When I tried SMBC with peanut butter, it never had enough flavor for me.  I ended up making a frosting with peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt for the filling, and then regular SMBC on the outside.  I figured if I kept adding more peanut butter to get the flavor, it wouldn't work the same.  

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 24 Jul 2014 , 2:34am
post #8 of 8

When I make peanut butter smbc, I make the smbc, then at the end , I add all natural peanut butter to taste. It is delicious. Anything that you add, it is always at the end. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%