Peanut Butter Smbc

Baking By 61999 Updated 24 Jul 2014 , 2:34am by icer101

61999 Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 8

I have tried all sorts of different ratios of peanut butter in SMBC but no matter what, it renders it so soft!!  The latest I did was 8 oz egg whites, 12 oz sugar, 10 oz butter, 6 oz peanut butter - and STILL too soft.

Anyone make one that works?

7 replies
AZCouture Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 10:38pm
post #2 of 8

AMake your smbc as normal, and then [B]fold[/B] peanut butter in when you're done. You don't make it part of the cooking process, it's just something you add at the end.

AZCouture Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 8

ANo measuring necessary, just toss some in when you're done. If you need to make a big batch, then use your mixer with the regular mixing attachment, not the whisk, just to get it evenly mixed in.

61999 Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 8

Ok, that's pretty much what I did....whipped in the butter, and then added the peanut butter (with the whip attachment).  So maybe try with the paddle instead of the whip?

Thank you -

AZCouture Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 11:04pm
post #5 of 8

You just don't want air bubbles getting in, which the whip will do, so I switch to paddle once it's time to add the butter. Maybe you're adding too much peanut butter?

AZCouture Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 11:07pm
post #6 of 8

And it's probably going to make it soft no matter what, so unless it's a dessert style cake (simply iced with no decorations), the only thing I ice with on the outside of the cake is normal SMBC. Any flavorings or chunky/fruit type additions are restricted to filling only.

rychevamp Posted 24 Jul 2014 , 1:00am
post #7 of 8

When I tried SMBC with peanut butter, it never had enough flavor for me.  I ended up making a frosting with peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt for the filling, and then regular SMBC on the outside.  I figured if I kept adding more peanut butter to get the flavor, it wouldn't work the same.  

icer101 Posted 24 Jul 2014 , 2:34am
post #8 of 8

When I make peanut butter smbc, I make the smbc, then at the end , I add all natural peanut butter to taste. It is delicious. Anything that you add, it is always at the end. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%