Need Help Please

Decorating By Adette Updated 11 Feb 2015 , 3:57pm by pursuing_perfection

Adette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adette Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 6:52am
post #1 of 12

AI am making a wedding cake and I don't know how to achieved the look of it, don't know if it is a glitter flakes or what. Attached is the picture of the cake[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3267204/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

11 replies
morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 7:10am
post #2 of 12

AHere's a link to how I would do it http://thecakeblog.com/2014/06/diy-gold-sequin-cake.html

Adette Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 7:19am
post #3 of 12

AThank you very much for the link. The pieces looks bigger than the sequin candy on the blog. Any suggestion if what candy should I use???

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 11:14am
post #4 of 12

I'm wondering why the decorator didn't use several light applications of airbrush gold?  Maybe the pressure of the air would blow off the sequins.  Wouldn't it be cool if you could get all yellow sequins or all white - for this procedure.  I'll Google it.  And the part about the sequins looking larger than in the photo, maybe it's just the way they were applied - a lot -vs- lightly?  Just thinking out loud.

Adette Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 11:35am
post #5 of 12

AThanks for your input. I think pure yellow or white is a great idea. I really don't know what to do till now :-(

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 2:01pm
post #6 of 12

To get the squarer shapes, I think you would have to roll out gumpaste really thin - use a pasta roller - and cut into strips then squarish shapes with a pizza cutter. They don't have to be exactly square, as you can see in the photo you provided, and they look better if they are not all flat, to get more texture. Wait for them to dry - couple of days or so on large baking sheets (or make them way ahead and store them in a cardboard box once dry), then apply like that confetti cake on the Cake Blog link. Then paint. You will need a lot of squares, and a lot of paint, and a lot of patience! I would also try airbrushing it. If the squares are stuck on well with the piping gel, not many of them will blow off, and you can always re-apply any that do. I love the look of it!

Adette Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 2:13pm
post #7 of 12

AThank you :)

Adette Posted 5 Aug 2014 , 4:42am
post #8 of 12

AHere is the cake that I made. Thanks again to all for the ideas that you had given me. The cake turned out beautiful and the bride loves it :)[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3272463/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Adette Posted 5 Aug 2014 , 11:21am
post #9 of 12
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 5 Aug 2014 , 11:24am
post #10 of 12

Wow, great job, well done!

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 5 Aug 2014 , 11:52am
post #11 of 12

It came out AMAZING!!!!!!!!

pursuing_perfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pursuing_perfection Posted 11 Feb 2015 , 3:57pm
post #12 of 12

Your cake turned out fantastic.  Very well done.  What technique did you end up using?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%