Pro Mat

Decorating By Debbie45628 Updated 24 Jul 2014 , 5:20pm by Debbie45628

Debbie45628 Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 7:13am
post #1 of 6

I am trying to decide whether to buy a Pro mat by any of you have it and recommend it or makes it look easier....

5 replies
TXCakeMom2 Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 8:47am
post #2 of 6

ADear Bennie, I bought the pro mat about a mount ago. Well worth the money. But I went over board and bought the huge one. I thought bigger was just more difficult to move it around. I would recommend the med size. And once you font is in between the two sheet you don't have to worry about it drying out. Which is fantastic. I always hated to be felt so rushed to get the fondant rolled out and put on the cak.

All in all it worth in money.

TXCakeMom2 Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 8:48am
post #3 of 6

ASorry i misspelled your name Debbie

Debbie45628 Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 10:23pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the reply...I, too was going to get the bigger one...may have to rethink that...thanks

KellyKSD Posted 22 Jul 2014 , 2:31am
post #5 of 6

I have the pro mat. Definitely recommend. So far every project I have used it for (3 so far -- after I got the mat nobody wanted fondant, go figure!) could have been accomplished using the next size down, but I'm glad I got the larger one. I have a few future orders that will involve some pretty large tiers, so it was a good investment for me.

I will tell you that I use primarily marshmallow fondant, and it stuck like crazy to the mat the first time I tried it. I was sooooo mad!! Luckily I searched these forums and found it to be a common issue. The solution? A tiny bit of crisco on the mat, and it worked like a dream! So glad I got the mat, and joined this community!

Good luck!

Debbie45628 Posted 24 Jul 2014 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks, Kelly..I also use MMF, so I will keep that in mind..

Quote by @%username% on %date%