How Do I Do This...and What Is It Called? Lol

Decorating By Rachie204 Updated 21 Jul 2014 , 2:03am by AZCouture

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 1:19am
post #1 of 6

I'm not sure what this technique is called but in my 6 years of decorating I have never been asked to do it.  I am wanting to recreate this cake for my nieces 1ST birthday and need to see a tutorial on the best way to get the fondant to look like this between the layers.... anyone have a link?   http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/94/41/00/944100fec317d76afa3090f68c939e93.jpg

5 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 1:33am
post #2 of 6

AThe "icing squishing" out? Don't need a tute for that. Just roll out a sausage of fondant, indent it every so often to make the bulgy parts, and adhere to the cake.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 1:42am
post #3 of 6

Yeah, I don't know that I'd call it a technique, it's just rolling ot a snake of fondant unevenly then stickign it to the cake. Or if you mean the top tier, it's cutting out a wavy piece then sticking it to the cake.

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 1:46am
post #4 of 6

yes thank you...i couldnt tell from the picture if it was just applied on the outside of the pink or if they had actully inserted something between multiple pink layers.  Is there a name for this style cake?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 1:59am
post #5 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachie204 

yes thank you...i couldnt tell from the picture if it was just applied on the outside of the pink or if they had actully inserted something between multiple pink layers.  Is there a name for this style cake?

"Fondant cake with a roll of fondant that looks like squished icing on the outside" is the technical name for it.:grin:

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 2:03am
post #6 of 6

AYep.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%