Aerosol Cake Batter

Lounge By cazza1 Updated 24 Jul 2014 , 1:10pm by -K8memphis

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 1:30pm
post #1 of 24

Well, it's no longer just talk, it's now in the can.

Aerosol Cake Batter Is Real Now And Nothing Will Ever Be The Same

Ashley Feinberg Today 1:30 PM

Just when you thought that mankind’s genius could stretch no further, a solid year of research has given birth to a new apex in cake innovation. Friends, say hello to Spray Cake, the Harvard-bred cake batter in a can.  

From Gizmodo Australia

Click on the photo and it will take you to the full story on Gizmodo

23 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 24

Good God - seriously   :-X

Is there nothing sacred  :???:

Can you imagine the list of ingredients on the back of the can?

It would read like some form of hieroglyphics  found inside some far away pyramid :cry:

With numbers and abbreviations one couldn't decipher

I can see it now - the Question will be

Do you bake from scratch - packet or from a can? - arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - faint

Bluehue

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 24

Originally Posted by cazza1 

... Just when you thought that mankind’s genius could stretch no further, a solid year of research has given birth to...  

Really? All that genius and we only get cake in a can? I was hoping that mankind's Harvard intelligence could have been applied to something worthwhile, such as the answer to world peace. (We need world peace way more than we need more cake, right?)

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 24

Cazza1: I'd apply straight to my mouth, no pan, no baking, just a shot of batter.   :P

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 8:52pm
post #5 of 24

Don't we need cake to help with world peace?  :grin: :cake:

And I do agree... I would try it by putting it straight in my mouth... just like whipped cream from a can... :grin: 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 11:41pm
post #6 of 24

well food & wine star chef joanne chang says it's good cake -- since it comes out already full of air it microwave cooks in a minute -- no baking soda/powder -- however this is not the only cake to bake w/o baking soda/pwdr -- i hope that's not the message here -- 

but the video is private -- phfft

here's one: 

-K8memphis Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 11:45pm
post #7 of 24

i'd say harvard can keep it in the dorms :-D

cazza1 Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 1:15am
post #8 of 24

I think if we fed the whole world good cake we would be a whole lot closer to world peace.  Who could fight with their mouths full of scruptious cake. Who could even think about fighting whilst eating good cake.  Unfortunately I don't think this tinned stuff is going to make the grade.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 12:35pm
post #9 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by -K8memphis 

i'd say harvard can keep it in the dorms :-D

Yes, Harvard Dorm Cake for the cake challenged intelligentsia.

Bluehue Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 1:03pm
post #10 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAtKT 

just like whipped cream from a can... :grin: 

Arghhhhhh - don' even go there -

Whipped cream in a can ................................................... please say you don't

AAtKT Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 1:28pm
post #11 of 24

LoL...

I don't use it on my desserts... 

I really do prefer the real kind...

But occasionally... and especially when I was younger...  I would just spray it from the can into my mouth...  

There are places in the world for shortcuts...

When in college, I didn't have a mixer in my dorm room... Had to make do...

Bluehue Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 2:01pm
post #12 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAtKT 

LoL...

I don't use it on my desserts... 

I really do prefer the real kind...

But occasionally... and especially when I was younger...  I would just spray it from the can into my mouth...  

There are places in the world for shortcuts...

When in college, I didn't have a mixer in my dorm room... Had to make do... i will pay that - lolllllllllllllll

AAtKT Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 2:31pm
post #13 of 24

Like I said... Room in the world for shortcuts...

I typically back from scratch... 

But most dorms don't have mixers and ovens... Canned whipped cream was an acceptable shortcut... and aerosol cake batter... I would have killed for then... I am sure it microwaves semi decently...

though... I will say... our college caf did a pretty good job at keeping the desserts tasting fairly well... I still want to know how they made their pumpkin mousse... 

-K8memphis Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 3:41pm
post #14 of 24

idk -- fred smith (fedex) got a 'c' on his idea of hustling packages when he came up with it for a college grade -- 

this video gives a little more info and i think they are cute too -- 

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 9:24pm
post #15 of 24

It just turns my stomach, and makes me want to gag. 

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 22 Jul 2014 , 6:20pm
post #16 of 24

It's almost as interesting as the spreadable chocolate in the tubs that they sell next to the peanut butter in the grocery store.  The advertisements show mothers spreading this chocolate goo on bread for their kids meals.  

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 22 Jul 2014 , 7:41pm
post #17 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 

It's almost as interesting as the spreadable chocolate in the tubs that they sell next to the peanut butter in the grocery store.  The advertisements show mothers spreading this chocolate goo on bread for their kids meals.  

Do you mean Nutella? Nutella is great!! At least it has real ingredients in...remains to be seen what the aerosol cake mix has in it in terms of ingredients and preservatives.

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 22 Jul 2014 , 7:56pm
post #18 of 24

I wonder if these are the same students that came up with the pancakes in a can concept. There was a thread about it, hmmmmm.

Welp, I know my daughter would buy it, along with all the other easy to make products she buys :roll:, only in America.......

aprildaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprildaisy Posted 22 Jul 2014 , 11:11pm
post #19 of 24

My son said this doesn't really work well for him...but if there was ice cream in a can, he's all for that. lol

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 12:10pm
post #20 of 24

I just don't get why you wouldn't just buy a premade cake. Why would you go to the trouble of heating an oven, and washing a baking pan to eat this? Just buy a cake!

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 2:08pm
post #21 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaulir 

I just don't get why you wouldn't just buy a premade cake. Why would you go to the trouble of heating an oven, and washing a baking pan to eat this? Just buy a cake!

Because if you went and bought one it wouldn't be "home made" cake!! Also, you can just squirt it into a mug and do it in the microwave, apparently...

cazza1 Posted 24 Jul 2014 , 12:13pm
post #22 of 24

I don't know how that guy got a C on his paper as this is just  a form of plaagerism as far as I am concerned.  And what joke that he is talking of patenting.  I have a cookbook from 2005 that basically does the same thing, but with a slightly lighter batter but which comes out of the microwave like a holey cake.  Chefs, like Heston Blumenthal have been doing stuff like this for years.

-K8memphis Posted 24 Jul 2014 , 12:55pm
post #23 of 24

Awhat do mean, cazza about the 'c' on his paper being plagiarism? do you mean the FedEx guy?

-K8memphis Posted 24 Jul 2014 , 1:10pm
post #24 of 24

AI didn't I explain myself very well about Fred smith-- so way before we all had the big delivery companies of UPS and FedEx -- in a college business class fs wrote his business plan on a delivery service that had its own fleet of planes and trucks and hubs and his teacher gave him a c on it while of course its become a global giant --

so I was just comparing about how ideas can get bad reviews and still be viable -- however everybody & his brother is in the cake busyness where fs only had to compete against the post office I guess --

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%