Latest Cricut Info / Trouble With Cameo

Decorating By ForeverAfterCakes Updated 20 Jul 2014 , 10:24pm by roxylee123

ForeverAfterCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ForeverAfterCakes Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 6:17am
post #1 of 5

What is the latest on the Cricut?  I have a Cameo and I hate it.  You have to roll the gumpaste so thin.  I just can't get it right. I do love being able to scan any image in, though.  I was reading old posts about ways to use the cricut, but they are no longer available or allowing designs without a cartridge.  Help!

4 replies
morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 6:52am
post #2 of 5

AI roll my gumpaste to a 4 on the kitchen aid and have no problems cutting with the cameo. I use the cricut deep cut blade. Cardstock. Speed 3 thickness 1

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 6:52am
post #3 of 5

AIn my opinion you would be downgrading getting a cricut. I hate that cartridge business.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 11:13am
post #4 of 5

The new cricut machine does not need cartridges.  Have not seen one in real life, nor do I know how easy or not it is to convert your own images to it.  It's called a cricut explore.  I'm sure if your went to their website they will tell you all about it.  I do know that you cannot use it unless you are connected to the internet so I lost interest at that point.

roxylee123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxylee123 Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 5

I have a cricit cake and I love it and have no problems cutting with it, I would however like and cricut explore now as you can download any image to cut and also use any cartridges you have. With the cricut I roll the gumpaste with the smallest guides on my rolling pin, put it on the greased mat and roll over it a couple of time then let it sit for at least five minutes before cutting. When it has finished cutting wait at least five minutes before trying to remove and it works great. I do know anything about the cameo so I can't comment on that but should imagine you have to roll the gumpaste pretty thin for both machines.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%