Help With Rice Krispie Treats

Decorating By crosiek Updated 20 Jul 2014 , 7:33pm by FrostedMoon

crosiek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crosiek Posted 18 Jul 2014 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 4

How far in advance can I make my rice krispie treat covered with fondant sculpture for my cake?

3-4 days?  How well with the fondant hold up on it?  Thanks for any help!

3 replies
FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 18 Jul 2014 , 2:25pm
post #2 of 4

You can make it well in advance, especially if you aren't expecting it to be eaten.  Just don't put it in a closed container or refrigerator and keep it out of direct sunlight.  A cardboard box works well for me to keep dust off but keep the air flowing.

novakern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
novakern Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 4

when you say you can make figures with rice krispie treats well in advance does that mean a month or more? Is the problem possibly the fondant not holding up or the cereal going moldy?

thanks in advance

FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 7:33pm
post #4 of 4

AI have not had that as an issue. I have fondant figures that are two years old and a rice krispy figure covered in in fondant and modeling chocolate that is a year and a half and are fine. I wouldn't encourage anyone to take a bite, but they look as good as the day I made them. As long as they are not exposed to moisture or heat, they last a long time. I make both my own marshmallow fondant and modeling chocolate, so it's not a preservative thing either. Sugar preserves very well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%