Help With Rice Krispie Treats

Decorating By crosiek Updated 20 Jul 2014 , 7:33pm by FrostedMoon

crosiek Posted 18 Jul 2014 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 4

How far in advance can I make my rice krispie treat covered with fondant sculpture for my cake?

3-4 days?  How well with the fondant hold up on it?  Thanks for any help!

3 replies
FrostedMoon Posted 18 Jul 2014 , 2:25pm
post #2 of 4

You can make it well in advance, especially if you aren't expecting it to be eaten.  Just don't put it in a closed container or refrigerator and keep it out of direct sunlight.  A cardboard box works well for me to keep dust off but keep the air flowing.

novakern Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 4

when you say you can make figures with rice krispie treats well in advance does that mean a month or more? Is the problem possibly the fondant not holding up or the cereal going moldy?

thanks in advance

FrostedMoon Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 7:33pm
post #4 of 4

AI have not had that as an issue. I have fondant figures that are two years old and a rice krispy figure covered in in fondant and modeling chocolate that is a year and a half and are fine. I wouldn't encourage anyone to take a bite, but they look as good as the day I made them. As long as they are not exposed to moisture or heat, they last a long time. I make both my own marshmallow fondant and modeling chocolate, so it's not a preservative thing either. Sugar preserves very well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%