Most Irritating Thing About Your Spouse/ S.o.

Lounge By CollieMom89 Updated 29 Jul 2014 , 8:32pm by mermaidcakery

CollieMom89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CollieMom89 Posted 16 Jul 2014 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 47

Hello, I haven't posted much on here yet (I'm a hobbyist and just started getting into caking not too long ago), but I've read through a ton of threads and absolutely love CC!! 

I'm irritated with my dear,dear Fiance right now - so I figured it would be fun to admit the one thing--you know THE THING--that just bugs the heck out of you.  It can be cake related or not, but it's supposed to be FUN--not like an all out hate fest against your spouse (I know we all have those days too :mischeivous:;-)).

I'll tell you about mine: when I'm making a cake and something goes wrong it's my FI that freaks out.  I go into "okay, suck it up and salvage/repair/start over" mode and he goes into FULL ON MELT DOWN.  He starts worrying about if I have enough ingredients, how late I'll be up, having to do something twice, etc. etc.  I know he's concerned about me--but seriously?! It drives me insane!! He gets so worried about EVERY. SINGLE. THING. that could possibly go wrong (even when I have PLENTY of ingredients, or it was a minor mistake or when I have plenty of time) that he gets downright moody.  It's like I'm the one who should be concerned but he's the one losing sleep.  It usually ends with me snapping at him to get out of the kitchen and away from me because he's just making matters worse....

...Ahh love... ;-D:D

Come on ladies and gents... I know we all have these moments!

46 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 Jul 2014 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 47

limited to just one? :lol: dang i'll need a minute to sort through ---

but in your case -- he sounds jealous of your doing cakes -- he's counting the minutes till you're back to being with him 100%, 80%, 40% i mean whatever is your norm ;) jk jk --  but caking does at some point suck all your attention out -- so he's seen it before and he's dreading it --

half cool in a way but yes pretty annoying 

CollieMom89 Posted 16 Jul 2014 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by -K8memphis 

limited to just one? :lol: dang i'll need a minute to sort through ---

but in your case -- he sounds jealous of your doing cakes -- he's counting the minutes till you're back to being with him 100%, 80%, 40% i mean whatever is your norm ;) jk jk --  but caking does at some point suck all your attention out -- so he's seen it before and he's dreading it --

half cool in a way but yes pretty annoying 

Ha! He's just a natural worrier - He worries about things that he has absolutely no control over or that have any bearing on him (like my caking)... It would be good if he came up with a plan about what to DO when "x" event happened--but it never gets that far--he's stuck at what if.

"What if a tornado picked up a cow and launched it through our roof?" is as far as he gets--I have to remind him the what if game only works if you're coming up with SOLUTIONS--"1) WHEN would that ever happen in Delaware?  2) Then we call the insurance company and deal with it." :lol:

-K8memphis Posted 16 Jul 2014 , 7:33pm
post #4 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by CollieMom89 

"What if a tornado picked up a cow and launched it through our roof?" 

make milk shakes and hamburgers

:-D

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 16 Jul 2014 , 7:42pm
post #5 of 47

AHa!

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 16 Jul 2014 , 7:46pm
post #6 of 47

AI honestly don't have a thing that bugs me, after years of toads and jerks and generally ok men but not "the one", there's nothing I'd complain about when it comes to this one. No gross personal habits, nothing. He's just awesome. :D Plus, it's fun to hear people call him doctor, makes me proud after the hard work he's put in the last few years.

Buuuuuut...commence with the funnies, I [B]know[/B] I'll be able to relate to more than a few, with the toads I was in relationships with before. :D

CollieMom89 Posted 16 Jul 2014 , 7:53pm
post #7 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 
 No gross personal habits, nothing. He's just awesome. icon_biggrin.gif Plus, it's fun to hear people call him doctor, makes me proud after the hard work he's put in the last few years.

AZ - careful, people will be begging for clones!!! 

AZCouture Posted 16 Jul 2014 , 9:06pm
post #8 of 47

A

Original message sent by CollieMom89

:D

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 16 Jul 2014 , 9:59pm
post #9 of 47

Can't complain about my husband, except that he works way too much, through no fault of his own.  I wish I saw him more, especially at night.  Someday….:roll:

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 17 Jul 2014 , 1:45am
post #10 of 47

AHis mother. :-)

AZCouture Posted 17 Jul 2014 , 2:04am
post #11 of 47

A

Original message sent by Norasmom

Can't complain about my husband, except that he works way too much, through no fault of his own.  I wish I saw him more, especially at night.  Someday….:roll:

Mmmmm, I could say that a year ago, for sure!

Ellie Sunshine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie Sunshine Posted 17 Jul 2014 , 4:02am
post #12 of 47

When i get asked how long i'll be until i finish up with an order my S.O always advises me that the time I've told him is wrong and he predicts is will be more like another hour on top of my answer from where i'm being picky. 

I think the fact that he is normally right annoys me more! Grr

SimplyCakesNMore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyCakesNMore Posted 17 Jul 2014 , 5:10am
post #13 of 47

Quote:

I'll be the first of those!

I personally have a list right now, but I'll spare the details that aren't related to cake decorating.  My significant other currently wants me to "quit" doing cakes as a business because he thinks it is unfair to our 7 month old (and I quote) to "have a mom that is there but isn't there".  Well, let's see, Sweetie.  I am working on growing a business that is currently the only thing bringing in the money that is keeping diapers on his rump and food in his tummy while you sit in our room and play video games and he plays in the floor.  But I am not being fair to him by staying up late quoting prices, researching techniques, baking and decorating cakes and making money off of it yet I still get up at 6:00 in the morning with him EVERY morning.  Hmmm...maybe THAT is why I consider myself a single mother and you're the live-in babysitter.  

Sorry-- rant over. 

Norasmom Posted 17 Jul 2014 , 1:30pm
post #14 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyCakesNMore 

I'll be the first of those!

I personally have a list right now, but I'll spare the details that aren't related to cake decorating.  My significant other currently wants me to "quit" doing cakes as a business because he thinks it is unfair to our 7 month old (and I quote) to "have a mom that is there but isn't there".  Well, let's see, Sweetie.  I am working on growing a business that is currently the only thing bringing in the money that is keeping diapers on his rump and food in his tummy while you sit in our room and play video games and he plays in the floor.  But I am not being fair to him by staying up late quoting prices, researching techniques, baking and decorating cakes and making money off of it yet I still get up at 6:00 in the morning with him EVERY morning.  Hmmm...maybe THAT is why I consider myself a single mother and you're the live-in babysitter.  

Sorry-- rant over. 

WHY are you with him?????????  Re-read your post, and ask yourself that question.   I don't mean to be cruel but since you can take care of yourself and your baby and he's just mooching, you should find someone who will be supportive, emotionally and financially.   Everyone has issues from time to time with their SO but this is something that will be ongoing.  

CollieMom89 Posted 17 Jul 2014 , 1:40pm
post #15 of 47

A

Original message sent by BrandisBaked

His mother. :-)

Hahahaha :-D

Simply Cakes - Sorry to hear that, sometimes men are soooo clueless!

AZ - since you mentioned toads, I'll talk about one of mine: I started seeing a guy we'll call him "bob" several years ago and at first he was calm, cool, SANE ;-)

Well several weeks into us seeing each other "Bob" gets jealous...of my DOG... No, I kid you not. He asked me one day as I went upstairs to get changed to go out to dinner not to get changed in front of my dog because my dog "might look at me." Umm, what?! He's a dog! Don't get me wrong, I love my dog to pieces, but starting intimate relationships with animals just isn't my thing... I broke up with him ON THE SPOT. Just "leave my house, never come back weirdo."

Fast forward several months--I have not heard from, spoken to or thought about this creep, [I]until[/I] I get a call from the the organizer of the trip to China I'm going to be taking asks me if I would be willing to room with my boyfriend and let her assign my friend Kate to a different room because one of the other women on the trip didn't have a roommate. "You must be mistaken" I say, "I don't have a boyfriend and Kate and I always travel together." She apologizes and says she thought "Bob" and I were together. Nope, definitely not...

Now when we were seeing each other, "Bob" found out my friend and I were going to China and immediately calls the Chamber of Commerce (that's who we took the trip through-my former job had a relationship with the CoC and would often go on trips through them) to get some information. I politely but firmly informed him that I was going on the trip 1) to gain a once-in-a-lifetime experience exploring [I]China[/I] and 2) I would be traveling with a good friend that I never get to see since we graduated college (she and I had gone to Egypt together the year before and is my "travel buddy") so don't expect me to hold his hand and be all lovey over there--not going to happen.

He couldn't really afford the trip anyway and then the dog incident happened like a week after this, so I didn't really think about it after that. I now find out from the woman at the Chamber of Commerce that he had in fact booked the trip and apparently was still going--but she wasn't aware we weren't together. Again, I don't find this that strange because hey, maybe he mentioned something several months ago and then this woman didn't hear from him again. A little weird that he's still going on the trip, but whatever.

October rolls around, bags are packed, my dog (who I'm definitely NOT seeing romantically) is at his boarding place and Kate and I arrived to JFK with her father (he drove us because she lives in NJ not far from JFK)... we check in, go through security, get to our gate and one of my coworkers who I am close to and who is the leader of the trip from my place of employment and who helped organize with the CoC informs me that "Bob" is over near some kiosk close to our gate. I'm confused because I had definitely not told this guy about my relationship with "Bob" and [I]I[/I] had only recently found out he was going. I just brush it off as the woman at the CoC must have mentioned something a while back and inform him that we only saw each other for a few weeks, it did not work out and we were not traveling together. He looks a little embarrased and apologizes. Kate and I get some food and we wait for our plane. When it's time to line up to get on the plane I make it a point to stick close to Kate and ignore creepy ex. Our company/The Chamber had gotten a block of seats but had not sat everyone next to who they were traveling with, so Kate ended up in the row ahead of me. I sat down next to another guy on our trip and we introduced ourselves. He immediately smiles and says "ohhhh, you must be Bob's girlfriend... Hi! I think he's sitting a few rows up."

At this point I'm HORRIFIED and inform him, "nope, definitely not his girlfriend, never really was and haven't talked to him in months." This guy just gives me this exact face: 8-O and tells me "he was telling me all about you at the gate, about how you were his girlfriend and you've been together several months, etc. etc." My creep factor shoots up about 6,000% and as soon as that seatbelt sign flicks off I grab Kate and my co-worker/leader of our work group and drag them to the back of the plane. I explain the situation and explained that I felt really weirded out and uneasy. My co-worker informs me "I know, that was the same thing he told [I]me[/I] when I introduced myself and as soon as you said something I started pulling people aside that I had seen "Bob" talking to and asking them if they had heard the same thing." I guess quite a few people had been told this story and my coworker who was over twice my age--I was 21 at the time-- went into full-blown surrogate dad mode here. His wife who was also on the trip takes Kate and I on as "her babies" and goes momma grizzly immediately. They starts informing people to keep an eye out for this guy, tells them the real story and make sure that this guy has ZERO access to me throughout the trip. My "parents" talked to our tour guide in China and insisted on hotel rooms on different floors and that they not discuss which room Kate and I were staying in outloud at all.

Several people who I became good friends with actually had to act as a human barrier between me and this guy the few times he had tried to confront me to discuss "our relationship" and I came home to a REALLY nasty e-mail containing some very explicit language and telling me what would happen to me for treating people the way I did. Followed by a second e-mail apologizing profusely and telling me he didn't know what he was thinking when he wrote that, he was just so hurt that I rejected him. I was thoroughly creeped out and informed my immediate family of the situation, but luckily, this guy lived 6 hours away from me by this time. But seriously ewwwww.

You can't make this stuff up folks!! Well, I guess technically you can, but I'm not... My brother who was furious at the time now thoroughly enjoys laughing about the whole situation and how I always "pick a winner." Hope that's toad enough for you, AZ ;-)

SimplyCakesNMore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyCakesNMore Posted 17 Jul 2014 , 1:49pm
post #16 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norasmom 

WHY are you with him?????????  Re-read your post, and ask yourself that question.   I don't mean to be cruel but since you can take care of yourself and your baby and he's just mooching, you should find someone who will be supportive, emotionally and financially.   Everyone has issues from time to time with their SO but this is something that will be ongoing.  

I had a feeling I'd get that question, lol.  Simple answer--we have a 7 month old and, while he's annoying with his laziness, I'm not beyond hope that he will grow up one day, though my patience is wearing thin.  I just really don't want my son to grow up without his dad around, you know?  That and I have a history of waiting until I just can't take it anymore before dumping a guy.  It took me 8 years with my ex-husband when I should have never married him.  So the most truthful answer would be that it's my own stupidity, I suppose.  He does do a good job of keeping our son occupied while I decorate in the evenings and is currently waiting on a background check to start a full time job.  My frustration is that it's been a little over a month since he lost his job and I guess I feel like it's never going to happen and I'll have to give up my dream (again) to take one myself to support my baby.  If that becomes the case I will not hesitate to put his tush out on the street.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 2:21am
post #17 of 47

The worst thing about my husband is that he seems to think that he exists in a noise bubble and that when he opens and closes dresser drawers, slams doors, messes with the laundry at midnight and stomps around on his giant feet at night, nobody can hear him or will WAKE UP. He also seems to think  that his alarm clock is silent to everyone except him, so he ignores it and it goes off about three times before he bothers to get up.

My worst psycho that i dated was a guy I went out with a few times, but he was really weird about being a couple. On our first date he was planning our next six months together, that kind of thing. It got really  weird and clingy intense, so I dumped him after a few dates. A few years later one of my friends sent me a newspaper clipping about how he had gone to his ex-girlfriend's workplace and shot her, then killed himself becasue she broke up with him. So my psycho radar worked to get me away from that nutjob8O

DeliciousEmma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousEmma Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 7:07am
post #18 of 47

Quote:

Oh my goodness! That's a red flag for psycho stalker/ abusive behavior. I'm glad you had people to look out for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by costumeczar 

My worst psycho that i dated was a guy I went out with a few times, but he was really weird about being a couple. On our first date he was planning our next six months together, that kind of thing. It got really  weird and clingy intense, so I dumped him after a few dates. A few years later one of my friends sent me a newspaper clipping about how he had gone to his ex-girlfriend's workplace and shot her, then killed himself becasue she broke up with him. So my psycho radar worked to get me away from that nutjob8O

This is scary! I dated a creeper like this (not murderous so far). He was so hard to break up with. We'd only been dating a couple of months and most of it was getting to know each other. It wasn't as if we had kids and a mortgage together. He kept calling and calling after I said we couldn't go out anymore. He blamed me for his depression etc. He was all about me fulfilling all of his needs and not giving anything back. I cringe when I think back on it.

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 11:59am
post #19 of 47

I had a psycho ex too. but he was so bad that he would accuse me of sleeping with other men every time I would be out of his sight overnight. I went to another state for a family reunion one year and was gone for about a week. When I came back he said "how many did you F*&^ while you were there?" I told him everyone that wasn't kin to me!!!

I ended up having to move away from my own house, because he made me lose it to foreclosure because he wouldn't help me pay the mortgage, then he wouldn't even leave after I did, until the mortgage company kicked him out.

That was the best thing that ever happened to me, I moved to another town and met my next door neighbor that had just moved there too. We started dating and by the end of the year we moved in together. 2 years later we married and have been together for 12 years now. He is a sweetheart and gives me everything I want. My grown children all love him too.

He mows the cemetery where my son and my late hubby are buried, we bought a house out in the country that used to belong to my late hubby's parents, and where we [late hubby and I] lived when our kids were small. I love this old place and so does he. We are remodeling it a little at a time. It was built in the 1870;s.

The only thing about different things over and over again. Like he forgets that he already told me this one . But I love him. I can't think of any thing else that he does that bugs me, except he holds a grudge about things that people do to him that make him mad. He will tell me but not them. Over and over!!

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 12:47pm
post #20 of 47

My Husband's worst habit is passing wind...... a lot...... and it drives me nuts. Our daughter, who is now 17 months old will look at him and then start laughing with a wide open mouth and just laugh her head off - made worse by the fact that her laugh is infectious and so we can't help but laugh with her Grrrr... I guess if that is the worst I have to deal with I can't complain too loudly.

Quote:

AZ - since you mentioned toads, I'll talk about one of mine: I started seeing a guy we'll call him "bob" several years ago and at first he was calm, cool, SANE icon_wink.gif

Well several weeks into us seeing each other "Bob" gets jealous...of my DOG... No, I kid you not. He asked me one day as I went upstairs to get changed to go out to dinner not to get changed in front of my dog because my dog "might look at me." Umm, what?! He's a dog! Don't get me wrong, I love my dog to pieces, but starting intimate relationships with animals just isn't my thing.

My first boyfriend (I was a late bloomer so was almost 16 before I had any sort of boyfriend so I remember him clearly) was indeed attracted to the canine species. Many years after we broke up he was arrested and charged with having intimate relationships with his (and other peoples) dogs. Ick...... Seems that a lot of us have weirdo and disgusting ex's in our skeleton cupboard.

ugcjill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ugcjill Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 3:40am
post #21 of 47

ASometimes he eats all the taco shells. And he's covered in hair.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 6:09am
post #22 of 47

One of the most annoying things about my darling hubby of 30 years is that he will not eat enough junk food.  I have finally taught him to eat cake, but only in small amounts.  This means that I have to limit my cooking as otherwise I would end up the size of a barn because I certainly don't let cakes, biscuits, chocolate, lollies, ice-cream .............etc go to waste.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 10:45am
post #23 of 47

A

Original message sent by cazza1

One of the most annoying things about my darling hubby of 30 years is that he will not eat enough junk food.  I have finally taught him to eat cake, but only in small amounts.  This means that I have to limit my cooking as otherwise I would end up the size of a barn because I certainly don't let cakes, biscuits, chocolate, lollies, ice-cream .............etc go to waste.

I'll send my 18 yr old son to you, he can help you with the extras!

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 21 Jul 2014 , 11:21am
post #24 of 47

I failed dismally with my two children as well.  Neither of them eats sweet stuff, apart from ice-cream occasionally.

CollieMom89 Posted 22 Jul 2014 , 4:19pm
post #25 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazza1 

I failed dismally with my two children as well.  Neither of them eats sweet stuff, apart from ice-cream occasionally.

Hard to believe.  My fiance is the polar opposite--I have to remind him that eating 15 chocolate chip cookies at once has resulted in him laying on the couch with a huge stomach ache. Ha! 

In other news:  Why do we all have a bunch of weirdos in our past?

-K8memphis Posted 22 Jul 2014 , 4:41pm
post #26 of 47

Quote: "CollieMom89"

Hard to believe.  My fiance is the polar opposite--I have to remind him that eating 15 chocolate chip cookies at once has resulted in him laying on the couch with a huge stomach ache. Ha!

delicate research is not without it's sacrifice -- clearly he's determined that he needs to stop at 14 -- well done that  :lol:

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 22 Jul 2014 , 5:52pm
post #27 of 47

Quote:

Quote:
In other news:  Why do we all have a bunch of weirdos in our past?

......and in our present, and in our future........... no way to avoid them completely.

"Most irritating thing about Your Souse/S.O."

Well, he puts up with me, and I fear that must be a sign of total insanity on his part!  :?:-o

DeliciousEmma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousEmma Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 2:41am
post #28 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 

"Most irritating thing about Your Souse/S.O."

Well, he puts up with me, and I fear that must be a sign of total insanity on his part!  :?:-o

Oh my goodness! This is my fear too. I thought I was the only one that felt that way!

The most annoying thing about my hubby is his complete lack of motivation towards a career, saving money, buying a house, 'getting ahead' in anyway. Like SimplyCakesNMore I owrry about how we'll raise children together.

Norasmom Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 2:51am
post #29 of 47

The most annoying thing about my hubby is his complete lack of motivation towards a career, saving money, buying a house, 'getting ahead' in anyway. Like SimplyCakesNMore I worry about how we'll raise children together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeliciousEmma 

Oh my goodness! This is my fear too. I thought I was the only one that felt that way!

The most annoying thing about my hubby is his complete lack of motivation towards a career, saving money, buying a house, 'getting ahead' in anyway. Like SimplyCakesNMore I owrry about how we'll raise children together.

Are you really considering having children with your hubby who lacks motivation for anything?  That might not be the best decision for you, your future, or your future children.  But maybe I am reading this wrong and he has good qualities.  

Why do we have psychos in our past…no comment here except that I two of the guys I dated many moons ago both went to jail…LOL

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 3:01am
post #30 of 47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norasmom 

"............Why do we have psychos in our past…no comment here except that I two of the guys I dated many moons ago both went to jail…LOL"

So your "Stranger Danger" warning alarms are working well.  You dodged 'em....... WooHoo!!

As Miss Mae West said......"Find 'em, Fool 'em, and Forget 'em."

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%