AHi all I need a good moist chocolate cupcake recipe that will make 24 cupcakes I am filling them with a ganache and doing a two toned buttercream on top Cherry hot fudge drizzle and sprinkles
My last attempted at a chocolate cupcake from scratch had the cupcake tasting like a biscuit So lately gasp I have been using a boxed mix adding pudding and sour cream but they come out dry and I noticed when you remove them from the liners they don't stay firm and crumble
Looking for something easy and not complicated that will give me 24 cupcakes
these are ridiculous --
the only problem is it makes 18 so i multiplied it out in parenthesis for you-- this recipe is killer-- be careful to watch carefully and don't overbake -- not because they are ticky it just sounds like you might have overbaked the other ones -- fill all cups the same amount -- but go to her blogand follow her instructions --
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (2 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar (1.5 cups and 2.5 Tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (5 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda ( a rounded teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (a rounded half teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (a rounded 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/3 cup canola oil (1/2 cup of oil)
- 1 cup water ( 1 and 1/3 cup of water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (1.5 teaspoon give or take i always add more)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (3 eggs)
best baking to you
I always use this one for chocolate cupcakes, it is lovely and soft.I think I get 18 out of it but I suppose it depends how big you make your cupcakes.You should do one and a half or double the recipe and just have a few extra. It is super quick and easy to make.
I just used this one last weekend and it will be my go-to chocolate cupcake recipe now:
It calls for greek yogurt, but I used vanilla yogurt and it came out great. I was very surprised at how easy this one is - a one bowl wonder that doesn't use oil! Also surprised how chocolaty they were with just powder unsweetened cocoa as opposed to melting chocolate and folding in and all that.
Have fun and let us know what recipe you end up using and the result!