Ganache Frosting Recipe

Baking By kgorhan Updated 20 Jul 2014 , 2:55am by mcaulir

kgorhan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kgorhan Posted 15 Jul 2014 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 7

What is your favorite ganache recipe? I tried one the other day, but it never set enough for me to whip it. It was a 1:1 ratio of chocolate and cream. I think I remember someone telling me that a 2:1 ratio works better. TIA!

6 replies
roxylee123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxylee123 Posted 15 Jul 2014 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 7

I use 2:1 ratio of milk chocolate to cream and it sets fine.

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 15 Jul 2014 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 7

2:1 will set enough that you don't need to whip it - it's spreadable. If it's too hard and you want to whip it, you can microwave it briefly.

Try doing a 1.5:1, especially if it's cold where you are, if you want to whip it for piping.

kgorhan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kgorhan Posted 16 Jul 2014 , 12:31am
post #4 of 7

I'm in Florida. It may never really get cold here :wink:

mcaulir Posted 16 Jul 2014 , 1:15am
post #5 of 7

Ahh, that might be your problem. I find that I have to adjust my ratios significantly depending on the weather. Where I live, it can be 40 degrees in the summer, and below 0 during the winter.

SpoonKick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpoonKick Posted 19 Jul 2014 , 3:51pm
post #6 of 7

AWhat kind or name of brand do you use when making ganache under fondany? Is Hershey's semi sweet mini chocolate chip can be use as ganache? Or do Ricoa baking chocolate is also ok? Or Dutche bar chocolate? Thanks.

mcaulir Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 2:55am
post #7 of 7

I'm not familiar with US chocolate brands - there's lots of threads here that contain that info if you search. But I use a pretty middle of the road chocolate buttons and it works fine. Use whatever chocolate you like eating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%