Labeling Question

Business By SweetDreams98 Updated 16 Jul 2014 , 4:30am by SweetDreams98

SweetDreams98 Posted 15 Jul 2014 , 7:42am
post #1 of 7

AWhat size of labels do you use for ingredients? If using a WASC recipe I know I must list all ingredients in the cake mix but I feel like that will take a full sheet of paper! Any suggestions? I do some scratch and some WASC recipes and I'm just frustrated at how much room it takes up, especially if it's to be put on a small container. TIA!

6 replies
TheNerdyBaker Posted 15 Jul 2014 , 9:41am
post #2 of 7

AJust reduce your font size.

You should be able to make anything fit on anything without a problem.

You are the master of the label, not the other way around.

AAtKT Posted 15 Jul 2014 , 10:01am
post #3 of 7

I know that the State of Ohio has a minimum font size for their labels for those working under the Cottage Food Law... but it is 8pt I believe... which is rather small... at least to this girl who is used to using 14 for most of the things she does... lol...  So before you drop down to a size 4 font, check your regulations too...

Also, changing the font from say Courier New to Arial automatically makes it smaller without changing the font size...

SweetDreams98 Posted 15 Jul 2014 , 1:13pm
post #4 of 7

AThe only font requirement we have is that "This product is home produced" is in 10 pt, the rest doesn't matter as far as font size goes in Ohio :)

AAtKT Posted 16 Jul 2014 , 2:05am
post #5 of 7

Ah... I must have missed it that it was only for the home label thing... I haven't looked at the paperwork in a while since I have stopped selling...

And then that means you can use that type four font that I will probably need a magnifying glass to read... :shock:

SweetDreams98 Posted 16 Jul 2014 , 4:20am
post #6 of 7

yes ma'am!  I have read and re-read the laws down to the last letter because I want to make sure I'm abiding by all the rules.  On most of my ingredients I used 8 pt font but on my "Crazy Monkey" cupcakes it did go down to 6 pt font.  It's a pain having to include all the ingredients in the box mix when being used as an ingredient but I fit it all on there.  I had a lot of overhead just to sell at local markets but I'm hoping the exposure is worth it.  I stay busy with orders but I would love to be exposed to a wider clientele.

SweetDreams98 Posted 16 Jul 2014 , 4:30am
post #7 of 7

AAtKT I sent you a PM :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%