Southern Bakery White Birthday Cake And The Icing

Baking By monro84

monro84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monro84 Posted 14 Jul 2014 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 1

I remember the birthday cakes my mom use to get me in the 90's for this bakery in the MS delta that delicious. I have been mainly trying to replicate the Icing that taste like it. It was always a sheet cake with white icing and colorful piping around the edges. I facebooked the bakery (it closed a couple of years ago cause the father had passed a few years before). and asked what it was called (I didn't ask for the ingredients of course). She messaged me back and said if I  can soften and beat real butter, add powdered sugar to taste, a splash of vanilla and a splash of water or milk to get an icing that tastes very close to it. I have been trying to find a recipe but no luck. I am assuming this is a buttercream since it has butter in it. She said there is a secret ingredient but she can't tell me (which of course I understand). Do y'all know of any like this? Also what is a good white cake recipe for the birthday cake that use to go with the icing? I tried one from scratch yesterday and it tasted pretty good so I iced it and put it in fridge and took it to work today for taste test but today it still taste good (the icing actually taste a little better) but the cake is alot more dry. I can kinda compare it to sweet cornbread with out the corn mean lol. 

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%