Butter Cream "pressed Linen" Look

Decorating By JNeff64 Updated 15 Oct 2014 , 9:28pm by Apti

JNeff64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JNeff64 Posted 14 Jul 2014 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 14

I watched last weeks episode of "The Next Great Baker" and on it one of the girls did a technique on the side of their wedding cake she said they called "Pressed Linen", it was so pretty does anyone know how to do this or maybe its also called something else.

13 replies
JennaGee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennaGee Posted 14 Jul 2014 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 14

ACan you post a picture?

JNeff64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JNeff64 Posted 15 Jul 2014 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 14

I cant figure out the hand technique to pipe it on . Thanks for any help

MinaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MinaBakes Posted 16 Jul 2014 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 14

AThat's piped on? It looks like really thin gumpaste. Or wafer paper..

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 Jul 2014 , 5:38pm
post #5 of 14

it's piped--just something she developed -- using a real thin rose tip -- maybe banged it on the counter maybe bought it that way

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 16 Jul 2014 , 10:47pm
post #6 of 14

Yes but it looks like she does those ruffly layers 360º...I can do that on a nail or a cupcake, but not sure I could do it vertically and without squishing the ones I just did...how does she turn her wrist/icing bag to get the full circle done?? Your elbow, table, cake would just be in the way!

-K8memphis Posted 16 Jul 2014 , 10:50pm
post #7 of 14

she just wiggled around stopped and started--oh you mean the center? i'd do the center on a nail and slip it on but i didn't see her do the center but how else would you do it--

-K8memphis Posted 16 Jul 2014 , 10:59pm
post #8 of 14

then just twist the bag around and add layer upon layer of petals --

add the center after layering in all the petals

EnticingCakeBoutique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnticingCakeBoutique Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 2:34am
post #9 of 14

Hi Ladies,

My name is Elaine Duran from the Red Team #Redngb and I helped pipe this cake with Lia on the show. Did you need any specific tips on how to make the pressed linen on the cake?

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 4:32am
post #10 of 14

Yes!

EnticingCakeBoutique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnticingCakeBoutique Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 4:39pm
post #11 of 14

Awesome! No problem, just take a 104 tip and pipe ruffled circles starting from the outside in and then make a rose bud on a flower tip and with tweezers or scissors place gently in the middle. I will make have one on order for Oct 25 and another for Oct 26 both are weddings. Please follow me on our public figure page https://www.facebook.com/DavidElaineDuran and then you can see how they came out. Hope this helps if you have any other questions ask away. It's a pleasure to help any way possible :) www.enticingcakeboutique.com

Sweet Regards,

Elaine Duran

"LaChicaDulce"

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 7:28pm
post #12 of 14

AYay [@]K8[/@], you were right on the money of course!

-K8memphis Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 7:55pm
post #13 of 14
tu, wm
Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 9:28pm
post #14 of 14

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnticingCakeBoutique 

Awesome! No problem, just take a 104 tip and pipe ruffled circles starting from the outside in and then make a rose bud on a flower tip and with tweezers or scissors place gently in the middle. I will make have one on order for Oct 25 and another for Oct 26 both are weddings. Please follow me on our public figure page https://www.facebook.com/DavidElaineDuran and then you can see how they came out. Hope this helps if you have any other questions ask away. It's a pleasure to help any way possible :) www.enticingcakeboutique.com

Sweet Regards,

Elaine Duran

"LaChicaDulce"

Thank you!   We will have to check back and see those new wedding cakes in late October. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%