What Kind Of Insurance Do I Get For Teaching A Class?

Business By cakesmade4u Updated 14 Jul 2014 , 8:50pm by cakesmade4u

cakesmade4u Posted 14 Jul 2014 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 3

AI was asked to teach a cake decorating class in a rec center, but they want me to be contracted out, and get a million dollar insurance policy, so my question is what kind of insurance policy do I get? And do I get this from my home owners insurance or medical? And how much would something like this cost? TIA

2 replies
MimiFix Posted 14 Jul 2014 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 3

Sorry, that sounds crazy. If this is your only class, you'll be losing money. The rec center should have insurance that covers all activities. 


I teach through several adult ed program; some have me as an employee and with some I'm a sub-contractor. Not one institution has ever asked me to provide insurance. 

cakesmade4u Posted 14 Jul 2014 , 8:50pm
post #3 of 3

AI was thinking it was crazy to as I'm only teaching them how to decorate cakes. I will have to pass on this one. Thanks for the imput.

Quote by @%username% on %date%