Whipping Cream Vs Milk

Decorating By SweetOutlaws Updated 12 Jul 2014 , 9:23pm by SweetOutlaws

SweetOutlaws Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 4:40am
post #1 of 5

I've got to say that today, I made another batch of cupcakes with remake at buttercream, about a week ago I posted about grainy buttercream and how do I keep from that from happening. 

I found a buttercream recipe that called for whipping cream instead of using milk, it calls for 1-2 tablespoons of whipping cream I used one, and this frosting turned out so perfect! Has anyone else had better luck using whipping cream rather than milk?

What does everyone prefer?

Whipping Cream or Milk???

4 replies
Smckinney07 Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 5:23am
post #2 of 5

AIf I make an American BC (powdered sugar, butter, etc) I prefer to use heavy whipping cream, it has a higher fat content which makes a creamier/thicker BC.

I did just read that when using cream rather then milk, you should whip the icing at a slow-med speed (rather then med-high). Apprently this keeps the cream from expanding and adding too much air in you BC, which leaves you with small air pockets/holes.

SweetOutlaws Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 5:33am
post #3 of 5

Yea I've made this buttercream before with the whipping cream, and I think not only does come out exactly how I want it to, but I think it has a better taste with whipping cream. When I made the last batch with milk in my buttercream, it looked to grainy and was very wet. 

I think whipping cream is the best choice for buttercream! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who prefers whipping cream!

Laetia Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 11:01am
post #4 of 5

AI also use whipping cream in my ABC. This way, it turns out creamyer, smoother and "lighter" (sounds weird saying a ABC is light!).

SweetOutlaws Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 9:23pm
post #5 of 5

Yea it does sound weird, but Whipping Cream has some magical powers, and I know now that milk will never be in my ingredients for ABC, like I said whipping cream gives a better taste in frosting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%