Cupcake Sales At Trade Shows And Events

Baking By MixNMama Updated 21 Apr 2015 , 12:35am by sdcupcakes

MixNMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MixNMama Posted 9 Jul 2014 , 11:10pm
post #1 of 5

Hello,

I will be doing my first official community event. It is three days and we have a booth. I am excited but I have no clue how many cupcakes we should make. We deal in mini, regular and jumbo cupcakes. I will be baking daily so that they are fresh. Any insights or peoples suggestions would really help me out!

4 replies
Bosbakingco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bosbakingco Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 8:07am
post #2 of 5

Hi, MixNMama!

Fun fun!  Since I don't have a storefront, I sell cupcakes at community events very often and absolutely love working the shows!  They are an awesome way to increase sales as well as meet new customers and increase brand awareness.  For a three-four hour show, I typically bring 16 dozen mini cupcake packs, mini cupcake samples, and 200-250 regular sized cupcakes.  So far (knock on wood), I've always either sold out, or sold the remaining cupcakes shortly after at a store where I have a consignment display set up.  I'm not sure how your health inspector requires you to package your cupcakes, but I typically need to have the cupcakes prepackaged.  Four-packs sell the best, then minis, 6-packs, 2-packs, and individual cupcakes.  I only bring a few 2-pks and individuals because I find that most customers purchase for their children when at an event.  

Definitely bring samples if you can!  Customers LOVE the samples!  Be sure to bring cold packs and keep them under your tables.  It seems so obvious to me now, but I forgot to bring shopping bags my first couple of shows and was embarrassed sending customers away with a box or two to carry in their arms.  If you think you'll be doing shows frequently, type up a checklist and go through it before each and every event.  Prepping for a show is a ton of work but organization will help make it a success!  

Good luck and please post pictures when you get a chance!  I hope this helps! 

Foamguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Foamguy Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 5

Do you know how you will display all of them yet? What kind of cupcakes are you going to make to display? 8O

storestore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
storestore Posted 20 Apr 2015 , 4:53am
post #4 of 5

Any other thoughts in this? What would you guys say are the most popular flavours of cupcake to sell at trade shows? 

sdcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdcupcakes Posted 21 Apr 2015 , 12:35am
post #5 of 5

Not sure where you are located but for my local health department you have to get a permit to offer samples besides the temporary vendor permit for the booth itself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%