Ultimate Vanilla Cupcakes

Baking By ruthf5545 Updated 21 Dec 2014 , 2:20pm by thebakers

ruthf5545 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruthf5545 Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 13

ANo matter how many recipes I try I can never get a cupcake of the right size, taste or shape. Please help with a recipe that works perfectly every time for piping buttercream on top. Thanks.

12 replies
jerseygirlNga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerseygirlNga Posted 20 Sep 2014 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 13

Not sure when this was posted…but…Try larger liners for a larger than standard cupcake but not as big as those giant muffins pans!!!   I just bought liners that are 2x 1 7/8"  Perfect in size and you can use your standard pans to bake in.

As far as recipe…its hit and miss. You need to find one that suits your taste.

mogleyzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mogleyzw Posted 25 Sep 2014 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 13

I have tried vanilla bean cupcakes which come out really bubbly and sink in the middle would you know the reason why?

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 25 Sep 2014 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogleyzw 

I have tried vanilla bean cupcakes which come out really bubbly and sink in the middle would you know the reason why?

When a product sinks in the middle it might be underbaked, or has too much leavener, or too much batter in the pan. Please explain bubbly

mogleyzw Posted 26 Sep 2014 , 12:08am
post #5 of 13

I was gonna say like Swiss cheese (literally the first thing I though of) but describing it like a pancake would be a more apt description, in terms of the size of air bubbles.  The website where I got recipe the cupcake looks light and fluffy.  I thought it was the baking powder so the only thing I've tried is switching baking powder type.  And I've also tried leaving in the oven for slightly longer, changing cupcake tins (metal to silicon) but still same result.  

I don't know if we can link websites or recipes here but the recipe asks for (for 24 cupcakes) 3 cups cake flour to 4 1/2 tsp baking powder.  The only thing I haven't tried yet is changing the flour type to AP flour or under filling the cups.

shaloop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaloop Posted 6 Nov 2014 , 2:36am
post #6 of 13

AI think thats too much baking powder. Try 2 tsps.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 6 Nov 2014 , 3:19am
post #7 of 13

Quote:

Originally Posted by mogleyzw 

I was gonna say like Swiss cheese (literally the first thing I though of) but describing it like a pancake would be a more apt description, in terms of the size of air bubbles.  The website where I got recipe the cupcake looks light and fluffy.  I thought it was the baking powder so the only thing I've tried is switching baking powder type.  And I've also tried leaving in the oven for slightly longer, changing cupcake tins (metal to silicon) but still same result.  

I don't know if we can link websites or recipes here but the recipe asks for (for 24 cupcakes) 3 cups cake flour to 4 1/2 tsp baking powder.  The only thing I haven't tried yet is changing the flour type to AP flour or under filling the cups.

Tunneling and holes are usually a result of overmixing.

sapphirecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sapphirecupcake Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 6:11pm
post #8 of 13

fold the batter opposed to mixing, as it sounds like youve overmixed and used too much baking powder. reduce to 1 and a half tsp to 2tsp

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 6:38pm
post #9 of 13

Suggestion try Busy Day Cake.  The recipe will make 12 cupcakes. You will need to reduce the baking time some what.  Use vanilla paste and it looks and tastes impressive, but it easy peasy and pretty much fool proof. http://www.cakecentral.com/a/busy-day-cake

donaldrodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donaldrodriguez Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 9:53am
post #10 of 13

I always make vanilla cupcakes for my family on the Christmas and they all like to eat. I make some chocolate muffins also.

mogleyzw Posted 5 Dec 2014 , 11:59pm
post #11 of 13

Do you have a recipe?

makeherabaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thebakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thebakers Posted 21 Dec 2014 , 2:20pm
post #13 of 13

vanilla cupcakes are my favorite. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%