Friday Night Cake Club 7-4-14

Decorating By catlharper Updated 9 Jul 2014 , 12:22pm by LizzieAylett

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 7 Jul 2014 , 10:24pm
post #31 of 34

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlharper 

James...Can't wait to see your Apollo cake!

Well, in a spare moment, I cobbled together the art.

The main image is this shot of Aldrin with the seismometer, with the LM and the U.S. Flag in the background. Then, I added insets of the launch, the plaque on the ladder leg, and the CM floating in the Pacific, with the recovery Frogmen alongside.

reenrules Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenrules Posted 7 Jul 2014 , 10:32pm
post #32 of 34

AJames - it is a Nerf gun that I sculpted out of Rice Krispie treats!

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 7 Jul 2014 , 11:20pm
post #33 of 34

I was guessing something like that. Shows you how far removed I am from instruments of foam-rubber mayhem.:D 

Looking at a Google image search on "nerf gun," it seems as if real life has caught up with the final scene of the Get Smart episode, "Our Man in Toyland."

LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 9 Jul 2014 , 12:22pm
post #34 of 34

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but my husband finally managed to free up enough space to sort out the photos from my last few cakes.  Here they are:

A little cake for my friend's son's 2nd birthday.  Chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream which unfortunately melted a bit in the sun.  Van and figure provided by mum.

A cake for a drummer.  Gumpaste cymbal and drumsticks.  Both tiers chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream filling.

Hand-painted gumpaste panels and modelling chocolate decorations for a first birthday cake for a friend.  Chocolate cake on the bottom tier and lemon and raspberry for the top tier.

There should have been one more cake to show off - my birthday cake - but in the end I was feeling so miserable with morning sickness and fatigue that I just gave up and didn't bother doing more than a rough coating of buttercream and some sprinkles :-)  I can't stand cake at the moment anyway, so it was no loss to me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%