Electronic Signatures For Contracts

Business By emilysikes Updated 15 Jul 2014 , 7:20am by leta

emilysikes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilysikes Posted 3 Jul 2014 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 4

Has anyone found a good source for electronic/esign contracts for customers? I'm cheap, and the ones I've found so far charge $20+ month ... more than I am willing to spend.

At this time, I'm sending the contract to the client via email and asking them to sign it and return via mail/fax/scanned email. My main problem is some customer have problems viewing the PDF on their smart phone, plus, I have to wait for the contract to arrive via USPS.

I'd love to hear what others are doing!

3 replies
cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 3 Jul 2014 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 4

I'm not using an e-sig service right now, but I'm definitely interested. Have you looked into HelloSign ?  Once wedding season is over I want to try it out.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 3 Jul 2014 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 4

AI simply type "payment of retainer constitutes agreement to contract" where it would normally be signed. Not real concerned whether it's ironclad or not. They see contract, pay retainer, I forward final contract with that bit filled in.

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 15 Jul 2014 , 7:20am
post #4 of 4

I attempt to get a signature mailed or scanned and emailed.  If I don't (rare), I don't worry too much about it.  Their deposit and final payment is indication of their accepting the terms of the contract.  I had one bride who wanted to change some of the language of the contract.  fine.  They loved the cake and recommend me to everyone.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%