My First Cake Collapse!

Decorating By zinger60 Updated 9 Jul 2014 , 4:33am by Lunita13

zinger60 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zinger60 Posted 7 Jul 2014 , 10:44am
post #31 of 35

ALunita13, I don't think I was reading too much into the way the cake was in the picture because I was trying to use the picture to figure out why the cake collapsed. If it was from something I did, I want to be able to correct it so this doesn't happen again. If it was caused by the customer, then I don't have to be so paranoid about having this happen again or changing the way I do my cakes after doing things the same way for 5 years.

Lunita13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lunita13 Posted 7 Jul 2014 , 2:23pm
post #32 of 35

No, I understand that you are trying to determine what happened so that it doesn't occur again and that you will consider what you might have done as well as the customer. What I meant was the comment you made about them taking the picture from the top and, from your wording about the plastic utensils, it seemed like you thought they were trying to make it appear that the box hadn't been opened. I just think that's a bit of a stretch. But maybe not. 

zinger60 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zinger60 Posted 7 Jul 2014 , 8:15pm
post #33 of 35

Yes, I thought it was very strange for the customer to say that the cake was that way when they opened the box.  But the picture shows that the cake had to have  been taken out of the box because the plastic ware is in there.  But everything else in the picture is exactly the way we boxed it up.  So I thought that was very strange to have taken the cake out of the box and then put it back exactly like it was just to take the picture.  Can't figure out why someone would do that.  Guess I'll never know what happened.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 7 Jul 2014 , 9:09pm
post #34 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinger60 

... the picture shows that the cake had to have  been taken out of the box because the plastic ware is in there.  But everything else in the picture is exactly the way we boxed it up.

It's possible that the cake could have remained in the box "exactly the way" you boxed it. When I see those forks (they're forks, right?) my imagination says they looked into the box, saw a cake in pieces, and got hungry. Hence, forks in box.

Lunita13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lunita13 Posted 9 Jul 2014 , 4:33am
post #35 of 35

That definitely sounds like something I would do. I can't leave cake untasted...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%