The Most You've Sold In A Day?? Festival/street Fair/craft Show/vendor Booth/bakery Etc

Baking By CharCakes27 Updated 20 Sep 2014 , 8:27pm by CharCakes27

CharCakes27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CharCakes27 Posted 1 Jul 2014 , 2:34am
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone!

I'm planning on setting up a cupcake booth at street fairs and festivals and was curious to know what has been your MOST successful day!  What's the most you've sold in one day or weekend??  I'm signing up for several fairs this fall, mostly bringing in 25,000-30,000 attendees and one over 40,000! Eeeek!  Before I go nuts and start baking thousands of cupcakes, I'd like to hear some success stories please :) 

Oh and I'm getting licensed and all that legal jazz... just wanted to clear that part up.  THANKS BAKERS!!

7 replies
sonya0127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sonya0127 Posted 11 Jul 2014 , 3:29am
post #2 of 8

AI was wondering the same thing! Can anyone help us out???

foodyfoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foodyfoo Posted 19 Sep 2014 , 3:22pm
post #3 of 8

ALast year my non-profit group sold three flavors of bacon inspired cupcakes at a bacon festival. Attendance was roughly 12,000. We took about 2100 cupcakes, plus three half sheet single layer cakes for samples. The festival opened at 10am. We had sold out completely by 3:30. We even cut up the last three 'sample' cakes to sell when we ran out of cups. We were selling them rather cheap though. $3 each or $5 for 2.

CharCakes27 Posted 19 Sep 2014 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 8

AWOW Foodyfoo that's amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing, it's very re-assuring! Two questions: 1) Did your organization use a commercial kitchen for that work load (multiple ovens, commercial size mixer, etc) 2) How did you package the individual cupcakes? I feel like I'm over thinking this part and that at the end of the day people just want their cupcake lol.

Thanks again for your response!

Anyone else???

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Sep 2014 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 8

for packaging i use a 9 oz cup and lid - upside down.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 19 Sep 2014 , 7:21pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharCakes27 

I'd like to hear some success stories please :)

It may help to hear all stories, positive and negative. It makes you a more informed business owner.

CharCakes27 Posted 20 Sep 2014 , 8:25pm
post #7 of 8

A

Original message sent by MimiFix

It may help to hear all stories, positive and negative. It makes you a more informed business owner.

I agree MimiFix! I have read several negative stories on cake central regarding street fairs and farmers' markets, so I was hoping for more inspirational stories anyone had that would motivate me to continue to push to make this happen for myself. Thank you!

CharCakes27 Posted 20 Sep 2014 , 8:27pm
post #8 of 8

A

Original message sent by leah_s

for packaging i use a 9 oz cup and lid - upside down.

Thanks Leah I have heard that suggestion so I definitely need to try out the 9oz cups :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%