Soccer Field Cake?

Decorating By Krissyy Updated 1 Jul 2014 , 5:25am by simplyme4469

Krissyy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krissyy Posted 1 Jul 2014 , 1:48am
post #1 of 5

Hi there,

I am baking a soccer field cake for my coworker.

I was going to dye coconut green and use that for the grass,

should I use a buttercream icing and then put the coconut ontop or??

Also is it that hard to create soccer goals out of fondant?? help!

4 replies
simplyme4469 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplyme4469 Posted 1 Jul 2014 , 4:36am
post #2 of 5

AI would color the frosting green also and then sprinkle the coconut right away so it sticks. Idk does fondant hardens like gumpaste (im just a hobby decorator). Its always just been my go to for anything I need to be sturdy (plus I just never used fondant like that so I just don't know).... I would think it would work fine though if it does. You may need to make it in steps.... roll it out and shape into the front and back... let it dry... assemble together and let it dry again. I saw pictures of what looks like piping as the netting (not something I could do) or you could roll out thin fondant and use as netting. It really could be as difficult or simple aad you want. I saw variations when I looked online.

I am not very experienced... but I think it is definitely manageable :)

Ilovecake89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ilovecake89 Posted 1 Jul 2014 , 5:18am
post #3 of 5

AYou could do the grass in BC if you use a grass tip (I think it has a different name but I'm sure if you Google 'grass tip' you will see what I mean). For the goals, I would use gumpaste, its better to use for figures.

Ilovecake89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplyme4469 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplyme4469 Posted 1 Jul 2014 , 5:25am
post #5 of 5

AThat's what I was thinking too ilovecake89. Gumpaste gets nice and hard. The grass tip would also be very nice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%