Friday Night Cake Club For 6/27/14

Decorating By catlharper Updated 29 Jun 2014 , 8:59pm by hbquikcomjamesl

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 2:38am
post #1 of 37

Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can!

Hope to see lots of photos this week!

Cat

36 replies
catlharper Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 2:39am
post #2 of 37

Hi everyone!

After two events last week this was my week off. I have a nautical themed 4th of July cake for next week to do. Anyone else have some fun cakes coming up?

Cat

autumnwind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
autumnwind Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 2:54am
post #3 of 37

Hey, Cat! Enjoy you're week off!

Baby shower cake (obviously lol), first time trying buttercream transfer...

catlharper Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 3:27am
post #4 of 37

Awww...that's SO cute!  I have rarely used the transfers...they intimidate me!

Cat

GJsLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GJsLady Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 6:42am
post #5 of 37

30th Anniversary Cake for my sister and brother in law.  My first attempt using a stencil with my new airbrush.  

oftheeicing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oftheeicing Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 6:47am
post #6 of 37

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3255780/width/200/height/400[/IMG] I love that a teenaged girl just entering High School loves KISS!

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 6:49am
post #7 of 37

AEnjoy your week off! I def need a break! Lol ;) i haven't cuddled with my 2 yr old and 5 month old, been busy with cake! Honestly, baking with kids kinda sucks. It really does take away precious time with the family. So next week no cakes! Yay! So here's mine!

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3255781/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3255782/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3255783/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3255784/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Plants vs Zombie cupcakes, Sophia the First and Green Lantern cake

oftheeicing Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 6:55am
post #8 of 37

A[@]mattyeatscakes[/@].... Gorgeous work on all, but absolutely LOVE the cupcakes!

mattyeatscakes Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 6:57am
post #9 of 37

A@offtheicing aww thanks! Had fun making the toppers, but they were definitely time consuming! Esp the zombies! Ayayay! ;)

oftheeicing Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 7:04am
post #10 of 37

AI personally think cupcakes are much more tedious than a cake, especially when you have a few dozen with different designs! I am so excited to be contracted to do a Zombie cake for the "Walking Dead" season premiere! Enjoy your time off next week and cuddle those babies :-)!

mattyeatscakes Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 7:08am
post #11 of 37

A

Original message sent by oftheeicing

I personally think cupcakes are much more tedious than a cake, especially when you have a few dozen with different designs! I am so excited to be contracted to do a Zombie cake for the "Walking Dead" season premiere! Enjoy your time off next week and cuddle those babies :-)!

True! I would rather make a cake than cupcakes! :) thanks, i miss mah babies! Hehehe hope you get a chance to make your zombies! That would be fun! :)

SweetOutlaws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetOutlaws Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 8:08am
post #12 of 37

This cake looks so beautiful for their anniversary! Keep up the Great work!

SweetOutlaws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetOutlaws Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 8:09am
post #13 of 37

This baby shower cake is so cute!

Ilovecake89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ilovecake89 Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 9:37am
post #14 of 37

I made 2 cakes for my son's birthday. One was for last weekend (so the step kids could celebrate his birthday with him) and the other was for his actual birthday day. Loved making these ones!!

I made this cake for my son's birthday. All the kids loved it!

anaelisabethlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anaelisabethlee Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 12:36pm
post #15 of 37

All great! @mattyeatscakes Plants vs zombies... what is this?? fab theme ;)

I have been silent... last weekend I was asked for a cake with just Jam. JUST jam. No icing, buttercream, nothing. Thankfully she let me put strawberries on the top so it didn't look quite so... naked! this was how her dad wanted it, and it was a quick last minute decision, so as it was simple, I squeezed her in. I'm not going to post a pic of that one!!

This week I am baking and freezing - I'm doing my first wedding cake next weekend! I made sure I didn't take on something I would stress over - so it's 3 individual tiers set on a stand, rustic iced, and with some fondant yellow "wild" flowers. Vanilla is something I do all the time so I knew that one would be fine, that's frozen and ready.

The middle tier is Apple. Now, this is an adapted recipe and when I practiced it it was divine! spongey, light and gorgeous. WHen I did the one I needed, it sunk, was heavy and just generally of a fudge consistency. So that's gone in the bin! I'm pleased to say though, that I have rebaked another 3 layers, and it's awesome. 5" tall instead of the previous 3".... phew...

Lemon tier to go now, and that's my job for this afternoon. 

I'll post the finished piece next weekend :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

ps. I know what you mean @mattyeatscakes , I miss my babies - they're here, and driving me crazy, but only because I'm not giving them any attention... (they're eating lunch quietly now which is why I am on here and not trying to hug and kiss them! "muuuum get offfff!")

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 1:18pm
post #16 of 37

Here are my cakes and cake pops from this weekend:

cara1982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cara1982 Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 2:18pm
post #17 of 37

ALots of cakes with matching cupcakes this week

cara1982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
autumnwind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
autumnwind Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 3:05pm
post #19 of 37

@cara1982 -- your bull dogs are AWESOME !!

catlharper Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 4:32pm
post #20 of 37

Wow! I don't know where to start! They are all so wonderful! Getting lots of laughs from the Pug cupcakes and the Monkeys too! Love the Adventure Time cakes...a big hit with my 13 year old! Lots of lovely cakes this weekend too. The rose cakes, while totally different, are both divine. Making all of those petals must have given you both writers cramp! All of the details this week is what is blowing me away. SO much wonderful work! 

My summer is filled with all three of my jobs..caker, party planner and photographer. This upcoming week is caker then I have two weeks as a photographer and then a week as party planner followed by two more weeks as photographer then caker again. A brief week off before caker again. So busy but varied. What does your summer have in store for you?

Cat 

SweetShop5 Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 4:59pm
post #21 of 37

Final cake for this week:

San Diego Chargers 

SweetShop5 Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 5:00pm
post #22 of 37

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlharper 

Wow! I don't know where to start! They are all so wonderful! Getting lots of laughs from the Pug cupcakes and the Monkeys too! Love the Adventure Time cakes...a big hit with my 13 year old! Lots of lovely cakes this weekend too. The rose cakes, while totally different, are both divine. Making all of those petals must have given you both writers cramp! All of the details this week is what is blowing me away. SO much wonderful work! 

My summer is filled with all three of my jobs..caker, party planner and photographer. This upcoming week is caker then I have two weeks as a photographer and then a week as party planner followed by two more weeks as photographer then caker again. A brief week off before caker again. So busy but varied. What does your summer have in store for you?

Cat 

Wow, you're going to have a great summer! Seems like a lot of fun but stressful haha 

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 5:28pm
post #23 of 37

Awesome cakes, everyone!!! Great Job!!

catlharper Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 6:40pm
post #24 of 37

Love the Charger's cake! And yes, it's a bit stressful to be wearing all the caps this summer but it's fun too. The not fun part is the photo editing but once that is done then I get to write the articles and relive the journey and that's a blast!

Cat

CraftyCassie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CraftyCassie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CraftyCassie Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 8:19pm
post #26 of 37

A

Original message sent by autumnwind

Hey, Cat! Enjoy you're week off!

Baby shower cake (obviously lol), first time trying buttercream transfer...

[URL=http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3255718/] [/URL]

This is my first transfer [IMG ALT="This is a16"X16"single layer cake for church reception for two graduates from two different schools."]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3241936/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

catlharper Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 9:25pm
post #27 of 37

Cassie, I love your blue and white rose cake. I'm always thinking about the sides of a cake and not really too much about the top but I adore the way you did that!

Cat

judylp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judylp Posted 29 Jun 2014 , 1:47am
post #28 of 37

AI made this for a friends birthday. Really happy with how the gold turned out! [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3256150/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

catlharper Posted 29 Jun 2014 , 1:54am
post #29 of 37

Wow! Judy, that turned out GREAT! I keep saying I'm going to do a "Super Hero's" cake for my hubby one year...hope it turns out as good as yours did!

Cat

judylp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judylp Posted 29 Jun 2014 , 2:17am
post #30 of 37

AThanks Cat. I've seen some of the cakes you post and I am absolutely positive mine would in no way compare to what you could create but thank you! This was really a fun cake to make.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%