Beer Pouring At An Angle ?

Decorating By tal Updated 26 Jun 2014 , 11:09pm by tal

tal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tal Posted 25 Jun 2014 , 1:40am
post #1 of 13

I've been reading thru the posts on the pouring  beer mug using the sugar syrup and the dowels, but I'd really like a detailed instruction on how to make the beer 'stream' look more curved - if that makes any sense?  :roll: 

1.  Some use wire, but what kind of wire? 

2.  How would I hold the wire or attach the wire into the can?

3.  If using a dowel, do you use the thinner white plastic or the wider white plastic? 

4.  Does anyone have a reliable sugar syrup recipe to share?  Or are they all pretty much the same? 

Thank you CC - you are the best !

:grin:

12 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 25 Jun 2014 , 2:20am
post #2 of 13

If you want to use a curved wire you'd need to use something fairly stiff that can support the weight of the mug or bottle that's supported off-center, if that makes sense. You can use dowels and just alternate the positioning of the covering on the dowel to make it look like it's moving and isn't in a completely straight line.  If you're going to do that, use candy clay instead of sugar, or you could pull the sugar if you're not afraid of a little heat.

I use wooden dowels for these cakes, but any rigid dowel will work. The sugar recipes are all pretty much the same, but using isomalt would be safer in terms of avoiding crystallization.

JanDunlevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanDunlevy Posted 25 Jun 2014 , 9:20am
post #3 of 13

ALauren Kitchens's Craftsy class called Gravity Defying Cakes is well with the purchase and would make this so simple for you. She uses copper tubing that is easily bent. Just a suggestion!

tal Posted 25 Jun 2014 , 3:08pm
post #4 of 13

Thank you so much!  Yes, makes sense - will have to try this first before finally doing it - haha!

tal Posted 25 Jun 2014 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 13

Oh, now that is something I should check out too.....amazon maybe ?

JanDunlevy Posted 25 Jun 2014 , 4:39pm
post #6 of 13

ATal, if you are referring to my post , Craftsy is an online learning classroom. You purchase the video classes and watch them at your leisure and they are always available to you with material lists, questions and answers asked by other users and the instructor is always willing to help you with any questions you may have. I'm addicted!

tal Posted 25 Jun 2014 , 6:56pm
post #7 of 13

Jan, Yes I was and silly me - I am very familiar with Craftsy; just wasn't using my brain - haha !  The class looks awesome!

thanks again,

Lis

JanDunlevy Posted 25 Jun 2014 , 7:05pm
post #8 of 13

AIt is awesome! I made my support all by myself without hubby's help and I am not a tool person. She really breaks it down and makes it simple and easy to do and the possibilities are endless once you understand the internal structure.

JanDunlevy Posted 25 Jun 2014 , 7:06pm
post #9 of 13

APost a pic when you are done! :grin:

bethosu7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethosu7 Posted 26 Jun 2014 , 3:08pm
post #10 of 13

AYeah I've taken the gravity defying cakes on craftsy. She uses coper tubing. I haven't made any yet, but I'm so excited to try!

tal Posted 26 Jun 2014 , 5:34pm
post #11 of 13

so nervous trying new techniques and yes I will absolutely post a pic - thank you so much for your help !

JanDunlevy Posted 26 Jun 2014 , 8:16pm
post #12 of 13

AYou will have the utmost confidence after watching the class. Lauren makes it so simple!

tal Posted 26 Jun 2014 , 11:09pm
post #13 of 13

:)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%