How Long Will A Mousse Filling Last In The Fridge?

Decorating By pag41989 Updated 24 Jun 2014 , 12:07am by -K8memphis

pag41989 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pag41989 Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 4

Okay, so I swear I have searched for this question every where but I can not seem to find a straight forward answer. I have a cake that is due on Thursday, I had her party held for Saturday and she messaged me yesterday and asked if she could have the cake changed to Thursday because the party date has changed. Of course I said yes so now I have 180 cake pops I have to make for someone else and a 3 tiered cake with mousse filling to both have done by Thursday on top of working full time! I baked the cakes last night and I was thinking about filling the cakes and frosting them tonight until I realized that the party is still 3 days out. I am making the mousse filling with whipping cream and a cheesecake pudding mix. Would this be okay in the fridge for 3 days or is that too long?

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 11:09pm
post #2 of 4

just don't know--you'd have to make that up and test it and of course that's not in the cards this time--just depends on too many things to say in advance y'know? it might work but it might weep just don't know --

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 4

AI wouldn't make something that far out for a customer. I'd just have to adjust something in my schedule to make sure the product was fresh.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Jun 2014 , 12:07am
post #4 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by -K8memphis 

just don't know--you'd have to make that up and test it and of course that's not in the cards this time--just depends on too many things to say in advance y'know? it might work but it might weep just don't know --

i would freeze it though not fridge it if i had tested it in advance --

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%