Confused About Smbc

Decorating By BriBrooks Updated 23 Jun 2014 , 6:36am by BriBrooks

BriBrooks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BriBrooks Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 5:48am
post #1 of 4

Hello all, i've read a couple of different things about this and i'm a wee bit confused. Is it ok to cover a cake with PB SMBC and then fondant it? I've read a few different people/places say that this will create a big oily mess, and others say that it's fine. Has anybody done this and willing to advise?
Cheers
Bri

3 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 6:14am
post #2 of 4

ADo you mean peanut butter smbc? Personally I don't ice the outer surface of any cake with anything other than unflavored or vanilla smbc. Flavored smbc or anything that changes the consistency is only used as filling. And any cake you see in my galleries is smbc, other than the occasional ganache covered one here and there.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 6:15am
post #3 of 4

ANow if the cake won't be covered in fondant, I'll ice with smbc that has "stuff" in it if it will look ok. But under fondant, never, only in the filling.

BriBrooks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BriBrooks Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 6:36am
post #4 of 4

ASorry yes I did mean peanut butter SMBC. I have a chocolate cake that needs to be covered with fondant and wanted to put a pb frosting on to make the fondant stick. But since I've not found a plain bc that I like yet to modify I thought I'd just go with a SMBC. Do you have any recomendations for a pb frosting that you think might work for what I need? Thanks Bri

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%