Has Anyone...?

Baking By Rfisher Updated 23 Jun 2014 , 6:23pm by -K8memphis

Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 22 Jun 2014 , 5:04am
post #1 of 3

ATried Summer Stone's (non whipping of meringue making) method of SMBC? (Well, she's the latest to throw it out there if someone already else has....... Nothing new under the sun type thing) If so, how do you rate to the usual way? Did you use your usual ingredient ratio or hers, for comparison? Her butter /oil combo cake recipes are also interesting. New recipes on my list to try..... Interesting........

2 replies
Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 3

AIn case anyone is interested. I used my normal ratios. End results were ok. I consider it to be equivalent of a frozen to partially melted to whipped up back traditional SMBC. I think it never really goes back to the original state. Don't know if anyone else thinks that of theirs. A plus would be the option to use carton egg whites as the meringue part doesn't matter, as I seem to have hit or miss with them. Can use the beater blade for the whole process, no wire whip. Mixer runs for much less time. I did not use the microwave to heat the egg whites/sugar, I also did not use corn syrup. I have no plans to experiment with the authors claim of putting her SMBC in the oven to test heat stability. Wow.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 6:23pm
post #3 of 3

i am curious but i don't have any information on it although i looked

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%