Friday Night Cake Club For 6/20/14

Decorating By catlharper Updated 24 Jun 2014 , 3:09am by autumnwind

aprildaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprildaisy Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 1:04pm
post #31 of 38

Quote:

Originally Posted by manicgeisha 

Ugh, another 2 cake week for me.  It was brutal but the results were worth it.

The inside is a rainbow cake which made everyone happily surprised.  I was happy that not only did the gumpaste lid hold together in the 90% humidity, the thing stayed up!

I love, love, love this!!!! :D

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 4:51pm
post #32 of 38

Very impressive cakes, everybody. Nothing from me, this past weekend; at this moment, the only cake in the house is the last tiny corner piece of my birthday cake, and some sliced pound cake from the grocer.

Particularly impressed with the Audrey Hepburn cake from "mattyeatscakes" (even though I've never seen any of her movies all the way through, just clips, here and there).

"nanasmom," I'm definitely impressed with the fire engine. Last year, the thought occurred to me to do something like that for my "Emergency!/Squad 51/Engine 51" themed cake, but I immediately realized that sculpting even a generic fire engine would be way beyond me, much less a Crown Firecoach (the first Engine 51), a Ward LaFrance P80 (the definitive Engine 51), or 1970s-vintage LACoFD rescue squad; hence the edible printing.

"louglou," Forgive me; your cake is impressive, but I'm not quite sure what it is.

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 6:16pm
post #33 of 38

AIt's the World Cup logo James. Really good isn't it. :-)

manicgeisha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manicgeisha Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 6:16pm
post #34 of 38

aprildaisy-  Thank you!  It may be my favourite cake I've made to-date.  Sadly, it affected the outcome of the princess cake...I had to cut a lot of details from that one and the third tier I had planned.  :/

Random User- I love the titles on the books!  Hehe :)

random user Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
random user Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 6:41pm
post #35 of 38

lol..thanks! That seems to be what they learn in high school these days

JMart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JMart Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 7:04pm
post #36 of 38

A[@]sha1col[/@] kopykake airbrush machines are my favorite and won't break the bank.

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 7:45pm
post #37 of 38

Quote:

Originally Posted by maisie73 

It's the World Cup logo James.
Really good isn't it. icon_smile.gif

Ah. Thanks. I'm afraid soccer isn't something I follow. These days, I don't follow baseball or figure skating much, either. But knowing what it is, I can definitely see that it has great fidelity to the original.

autumnwind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
autumnwind Posted 24 Jun 2014 , 3:09am
post #38 of 38

@sha1col - this was my first attempt at air brushing, and I borrowed the machine from a friend. The user manual only says AIRBRUSH COMPRESSOR ELITE-125X.  was easy to figure out how to use, but must admit I had a couple times of air flowing but no color coming out, then all of a sudden the color blasted out. Hopefully I'll learn more & avoid that next time.

Awesome box of crayons, @manicgeisha!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%