Grammatical Errors On Cakes

Decorating By Osgirl Updated 22 Jun 2014 , 9:50pm by winniemog

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Jun 2014 , 11:43pm
post #31 of 41

i tell yah though the most fun i had was when those A holes would typo something them theriselfezes heheheh hahahaha but i digress...and every dang one of 'em did too--

:-D 

but this is the first i ever mentioned it 'cause i din wanna blow my cover

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 21 Jun 2014 , 11:48pm
post #32 of 41

I got my degree in English and I am an editor and writer. I vote for correct spelling, grammar, and construction.

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 22 Jun 2014 , 12:18am
post #33 of 41

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaulir 

The rule is that the apostrophe goes after the person/people to whom the day belongs. So if your view is that the day belongs to one mother, it would be Mother's Day. If the day belongs to all the mothers, it should be Mothers' Day.

Thank you for correcting me and you are correct as it belongs to all mothers but, I was thinking of the writing on a cake would be for 1 person mainly, not a bunch. Thanks for straightening everything out. :oops:

RedneckRuffle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedneckRuffle Posted 22 Jun 2014 , 12:45am
post #34 of 41

A

Original message sent by shanter

I got my degree in English and I am an editor and writer. I vote for correct spelling, grammar, and construction.

"I received my degree.....", or, " I earned my degree...." (I'm a glutton for punishment.)

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 22 Jun 2014 , 1:39am
post #35 of 41

Now if Shanter 'received' it, does that mean that she paid one of those on line places for a certificate. Or if she 'earned' it does that mean that she had to go to work so she could afford to pay one of those online places for a certificate.  I am confused! :twisted: 

Now you can send one of these :-x back to me Shanter and tell me to stop being a smart a.....

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 22 Jun 2014 , 3:32am
post #36 of 41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakegrandma 

Thank you for correcting me and you are correct as it belongs to all mothers but, I was thinking of the writing on a cake would be for 1 person mainly, not a bunch. Thanks for straightening everything out. :oops:

Oh, my perspective is pretty unpopular. I hardly ever see anyone writing it my way - there's certainly an argument for doing it the other way.

Cevamal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cevamal Posted 22 Jun 2014 , 11:47am
post #37 of 41

A

Original message sent by mcaulir

Principal? ;)

HA! See? This is why I'm not a teacher. :-D

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Jun 2014 , 1:37pm
post #38 of 41

and geez the errors i find in print in the books or anything i read is amazing to me-- just entire words left out or left in as well as entire sentences that are flukey -- means even editors and publishers are human -- and heck i only catch 3 out of 4 :-D 

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 22 Jun 2014 , 7:56pm
post #39 of 41

AYou can thank spelling- and grammar-checking software, set in "aggressive" mode, for that: I never allow it to run in that mode, because even in "flagging" mode, it flags perfectly good words.

Haven't you ever noticed how Google will frequently ask you if you were looking for something subtly different from what you typed? And as often as not, you typed exactly what you meant?

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 22 Jun 2014 , 9:33pm
post #40 of 41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cevamal 

HA! See? This is why I'm not a teacher. icon_biggrin.gif

There's some kind of rule that you'll always include a mistake if you say something about someone else's mistake. :wink:

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 22 Jun 2014 , 9:50pm
post #41 of 41

AThats y im knot speeking owt.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%