Store Bought Rice Krispies

Decorating By judylp Updated 20 Jun 2014 , 1:17am by judylp

judylp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judylp Posted 19 Jun 2014 , 2:41am
post #1 of 5

AI want to make martini glasses out of Rice Krispie treats for a James Bond party for my sister. I was was wondering if I would be able to use a cookie cutter with the pre made sheets or if I am better off making them from scratch? My concern is that the sheets might crumble when I try to use the cutters but I have no experience with them so I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has attempted this or knows any better. Thank you!

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Jun 2014 , 4:14am
post #2 of 5

i have been envisioning 3-d martini glasses and i wasn't understanding the cookie cutter-- but maybe you mean 2-d? but if you do mean 2-d you could do it easier with fondant--

as far as fresh rkt as opposed to store bought--i used store bought for a couple simple projects and they worked out great -- i love to work w/rkt but i just need to understand your design a little better--and how big will they be--life size or smaller--

and what will you cover the rkt with?

judylp Posted 19 Jun 2014 , 4:21am
post #3 of 5

AThanks for responding. It will definitely be a 2-d project. I'm no way ready for anything 3-d. The treats themselves won't be covered with fondant but I may add accents to look like the liquor and the olive. This is sorta what I had in mind. I just dont know if the pre made sheets will be flexible enough to cut through with a cookie cutter. IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3251994/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 19 Jun 2014 , 5:51am
post #4 of 5

AI have never made my own RKT and have used store bought for all my RKT models/figures. And yes, i've use a cutter to cut them into shapes without problems (eg circle, star, i've also molded them into anything i want...) i have also used no name brands or bought them by bulk so any brand would do. Good luck! :)

judylp Posted 20 Jun 2014 , 1:17am
post #5 of 5

AThanks! I bought the sheet and was impressed by how many martini glasses I was able to cut out. Thanks for all the help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%