Forgot The Butter!

Decorating By radtech Updated 17 Jun 2014 , 2:54pm by radtech

radtech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radtech Posted 17 Jun 2014 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 3

OK, so I was in a hurry to start on my niece's graduation cake a 2 tier 14" and 10" stacked cake and realized  WHILE they were baking that I omitted the butter in 2 of the 4 pans.  I have no idea which is with or without the butter, they actually look the same.  I was so tired and frustrated last night I wrapped them in Saran and went to bed.  I woke to get ready for work this morning and shaved a smalll bit of the top of the cakes and they all tasted pretty good- no real difference- not usre if I was trying to convince myself.  My question is am I'm I fooling myself into thinking that the middle of the cake is moist and not  dry.  I would assume that it would be just as moist since the middle is the last part of the cake to be done.  I am using The Cake Boss' white velvet recipe which besides the mix consists of sour cream, additional flour and sugar and BUTTER!  Should I risk serving it or should I rebake?  I also thought about using simple syrup but I have never done that I it kind of scares me.  Any comments are appreciated

2 replies
vldutoit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vldutoit Posted 17 Jun 2014 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 3

AIf this is a doctored cake mix, I think you will be fine. If my memory serves me kakelady's original WASC has no oil or butter.

radtech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radtech Posted 17 Jun 2014 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks vldutoit - You are right ther is no oil or butter in kakladi's recipe and since the one that I used is very similar it should work.  The cake is for family and free so if it is a little dry I won't be too upset.  Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%