adven68 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:59pm
post #1 of

Does anyone have a sample of one specifically written for baking? Thanks!!!

7 replies
JoAnnB Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 7:00pm
post #2 of

If your purpose is to protect yourself against a liability action, I don't think you can. You might check with your insurance company.

I don't know if you have a licensed business, but if you don't, you definitely can't indemnify. you would have 100% liability.

adven68 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 8:16pm
post #3 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnnB

If your purpose is to protect yourself against a liability action, I don't think you can. You might check with your insurance company.

I don't know if you have a licensed business, but if you don't, you definitely can't indemnify. you would have 100% liability.

Thanks JoAnn,
The purpose of the form is because I am making a cake for an event at a catering hall that has a list of vendors that they normally use. Since I am not one of them, they need this to say they are not liable if anything goes wrong with my cake. I am working with my BIL on this one, so I assume his restaurant's insurance will cover me if anything happens. I guess I just need something simply worded.

Besides someone getting sick, God forbid!!....what else could possibly happen because of a cake?

Thanks,
Irene

JoAnnB Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 8:35pm
post #4 of

Ooohhh. You may want to consider what happens if they try to move it, or if it gets knocked over after delivery. I was catering food for a wedding (not the cake) and watched the people delivering the chairs bump into the cake table and sent the whole think into the plate glass window. Worst case senario, but it is something to think about.

AFter delivery, the bride is responsible.

adven68 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 10:56pm
post #5 of

Oh my goodness! What a story! Thank JoAnn.....I'm going to type up something simple based on a real estate indemnity form my DH gave me and if they don't like it, they can rewrite it for me. icon_smile.gif

spottydog Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 11:07pm
post #6 of

before I bought liabilty ins. I made up a form that someone needed to sign prior to me leaving. It basically stated that any baked goods from me may contain traces of nuts yada yada yada. I also would take pic prior to leaving. I had also had in the form that after I left the premises barring their were no incendents I was no longer responsible. I guess I am a nut about coving my butt. Around here sometimes places won't even let me deliver to them due to I am a residential kitchen, go figure I guess they are covering thier butts too.

acookieobsession Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 2:38pm
post #7 of

You can add a temporary liability clause 9not sure if that is the right word) to your or your brother's insurance. The events around here specify that you have to add that before participating. Also, I had one on my liability policy for get this " the Priest and the catholic church to include the diocese and the Pope" The Pope?? icon_eek.gif who is going to sue the Pope because they got sick on a cookie? Anyhoo, the church made me add that before they would even consider letting me rent.

SO, bottom line, you can get that from your insurance agent/company,.

Thanks

Julia

adven68 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 2:52pm
post #8 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by acookieobsession

Also, I had one on my liability policy for get this " the Priest and the catholic church to include the diocese and the Pope" The Pope?? icon_eek.gif who is going to sue the Pope because they got sick on a cookie?

Julia, that's so funny.....but you would be surprised! Some people see only $$$$$ no matter what!
Thanks for the suggestion about the insurance. I will look into that today.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%