How Do I Get This Look?

Decorating By mena2002 Updated 14 Jun 2014 , 2:09am by mena2002

mena2002 Posted 13 Jun 2014 , 7:41pm
post #1 of 9

Just wondering if the impression

where the bead is, hand done or if there is a tool that can achieve this look? Thanks in advance!

8 replies
-K8memphis Posted 13 Jun 2014 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 9

there's two beaded surfaces do you mean the puffy one or the quilted one? ok you mean the quilted one because the puffy one has no impression--

you can use an impression mat like this one, comes in different sizes

and you can just use a pointy tool to make the star like design impression 

mena2002 Posted 13 Jun 2014 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks for responding!  I didn't even notice the beads on the puffed tier lol. 

The impression I was referring to was the one behind the bead, I have a pointy tool but wasn't sure if that was what would work because after sticking the tool in it would leave a big hole, but I guess the bead should cover that up?

-K8memphis Posted 13 Jun 2014 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 9

i've got a pointed wooden stick that i would use-- you'd use it like you would a marker--just make a slashing like motion-- just practice on some fondant-- you wouldn't make any holes--just start from the center and make two marks in each direction north south east west--then color/brush those with a bit darker petal dust to increase the effect--then add the bead

enga Posted 13 Jun 2014 , 9:25pm
post #6 of 9
mena2002 Posted 13 Jun 2014 , 10:51pm
post #7 of 9

Thank you so much!! You guys have all been so helpful.

Thank you K8memphis for the description, I was just thinking of sticking the tool into the fondant silly of me.

Thank you Goreti for the links, the visual really helps with understanding how to get that look.

@Enga I love those cakes too, they are so beautiful!

Thank you again to everyone who helped me :)

-K8memphis Posted 13 Jun 2014 , 11:33pm
post #8 of 9

a big deal on this cake is the proportion where the quilting is perfectly aligned to allow the beads to be set into those two nice rows--

and of course you want to get all the impressions made quickly before the fondant sets up--

just tossing that out there--

best to you

mena2002 Posted 14 Jun 2014 , 2:09am
post #9 of 9

Thanks! I'm going to practice on fondant before I try it on a cake :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%