Need Help Pls!!

Decorating By vianrey Updated 12 Jun 2014 , 7:31pm by cheeseball

vianrey Posted 11 Jun 2014 , 7:53pm
post #1 of 11

AHello everyone I have been asked take this cake and I wanted son advice on what kind of flowers are on top of the cake bc I have no idea how to male them and also how could I make the cross in the middle??any advice would be greatly appreciated.....thank you! [IMG][/IMG]

10 replies
Mmmcake25 Posted 11 Jun 2014 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 11

The cross looks like its cut Glam Ribbon, and the flowers look like Peonies maybe? Try searching for tutorials on Sugar peonies....

vianrey Posted 11 Jun 2014 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 11

AOk thnak you so much I really appreciate it!

idgalpal Posted 11 Jun 2014 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 11

AThe flowers look like ranunculus to me. Peonies are more frilly.

kakeladi Posted 12 Jun 2014 , 2:29am
post #5 of 11

It never ceases to amaze me that someone wants to know *exactly* what flower, technique, etc is found in a picture so they can duplicate it.

Is it really *that* important?   The flowers on top don't look to me like either peonies nor a ranunculus.  Ranunculus are much more flat;  peonies can be more frilly but it doesn't matter so much. 

I's say they are an old fashion rose.

Sooooooo now OP you have a choice.  Will the client really know the difference?  No matter which one you choose, the cake will be very pretty. 

As for the cross I say it's a non-edible piece of jewelry:  try using degrees(sp?) or just pipe dots or stars with a small tip and you will have the same look but it will be *your* creation and I'm sure pretty enough to please your client!

vianrey Posted 12 Jun 2014 , 2:57am
post #6 of 11

AThe reason why I was asking what kind of flower it was is because I wanted a tutorial to show me how to get started with it...but thank you for your advice what you said is very true!!!

kakeladi Posted 12 Jun 2014 , 6:06pm
post #7 of 11

vianery good luck.  I hope you will let us know what you choose - a pic of the finished cake  would be great :)

vianrey Posted 12 Jun 2014 , 6:39pm
post #8 of 11

AYea I will post a pic when I get finished with it thanks!!!

cheeseball Posted 12 Jun 2014 , 6:50pm
post #9 of 11

Kinda looks like a mashup of ranunculus and tulips...many petals like ranunculus, but longer petals like tulips

kakeladi Posted 12 Jun 2014 , 7:13pm
post #10 of 11

As with all flowers there are many different varieties.  The ones I grew in my garden were not like those shown in the tutorial - they were much flatter with many, many layers of petals - oh well guess she can do whatever she wants.

cheeseball Posted 12 Jun 2014 , 7:31pm
post #11 of 11

Lucky!  I wish I could grow ranunculus here, but it's way too hot...I miss our non-tropical plants!

Quote by @%username% on %date%