Calculate 200 Servings.

Decorating By megsense Updated 13 Jun 2014 , 4:05pm by shelly102

megsense Posted 11 Jun 2014 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 2

I am new to having to feed a certain amount of people.

This October I am going to be attempting a wedding cake for family. It needs to have 200 servings. I'd like to keep this at 3 tiers, round. Suggestions on pan sizes would be wonderfully helpful (I’m shooting for 3 layers per tier). So far I've only been able to find info for 4 tiers feeding 200. Is there a mathimatical equation to help me out? Or a calculator. I looked at Wilton's guide but I’m just not sure about that.

Also, I am planning to use poly dowel rods cut to size per layer, and a cake board fit to size under each tier. Should I go the extra mile to shoot a long wood dowel down the whole center? I have nightmares of having a sliding cake someday.

1 reply
shelly102 Posted 13 Jun 2014 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 2

It is hard to get 200 servings out of a round cake. But I am not sure about the servings since you are doing 3 layers. Could you do a three tier and a extra cake to match and keep it aside to serve when you run out? I would do a dowel rod down the middle if you are traveling very far with it. If you plan on doing alot of cakes, check into stressfree cake supports. I love them and never worry about a cake with a dowel rod down the middle. They are a little pricey but worth it. I use foam core boards between tiers so a sharpened dowel rod goes down the middle easy. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%