Lizzy Early Cupcake Question.

Baking By lorillc Updated 10 Jun 2014 , 11:57pm by lorillc

lorillc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorillc Posted 10 Jun 2014 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 3

AI seem to be having an awful time finding a good chocolate cake or cupcake recipe. (They just don't seem to have enough for me). I tried so many lately, maybe I'm just picky. So... today I tried Lizzy's cupcakes, although they were good and moist, but very light and airy. After rereading the directions I read stir in the ingredients, I used the mixer. Do you think that could be why they are airy?

I have 200 cupcakes this weekend, and I just can't find a recipe that I'm happy with. Thank you, Lori

2 replies
bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 10 Jun 2014 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 3

I think that it is a possibility - I always notice a difference in my cakes (I am a bit slack and normally use the same recipe with flavour variations) when I use the beaters to mix them as opposed to mixing them with the spatula. If you are wanting to know whether that was your problem just reduce your recipe to a smaller size so you are not wasting to many ingredients and try it hand mixed - then you will know for sure if you are happy with the recipe done that way.

lorillc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorillc Posted 10 Jun 2014 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 3

AThank you, maybe I'll try making half the recipe tomorrow. Next week is my husbands birthday and I asked him what he wanted, he said more chocolate cupcakes (which was sarcasm) lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%