Fondant Using Candy Melts...

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 12 Jun 2014 , 7:14am by 2txmedics

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 10 Jun 2014 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone tired this before? Fondant and I do not get along, I cant seem to work with it everytime I try...and I get frustrated and then give it and wont work with it...but I found this in error today....

says: 

Note:  Using candy melts or chocolate makes the MMF very pliable:  No need to add any corn syrup to it.  When using it to cover a cake with, roll it out and let it sit for a few minutes (2-3 minutes) to rest and stiffen a little bit making it easier to roll up and unroll over a cake.

http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.com/2010/11/recipe-red-marshmallow-fondant-mmf.html

4 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 10 Jun 2014 , 10:53pm
post #2 of 5

It is still fondant. It's just marshmallow fondant with the candy melts added for color and a possible change in texture. I've seen numerous posts about that. You can find them by typing "mmf candy melts" into the search box at the top right of every CC page.

Gingerlocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingerlocks Posted 11 Jun 2014 , 10:18pm
post #3 of 5

I've tried this..and while it is easier to cover a cake with (at least in my opinion) it is much more expensive..

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 12 Jun 2014 , 12:07am
post #4 of 5

Have you ever tried covering a cake with modeling chocolate? I find it is easier and more tasty than fondant.

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 12 Jun 2014 , 7:14am
post #5 of 5

Ive tried working with Fondant a few times and found out I CAN NOT do it...infact to the point that I hate trying now. 

But I love the cakes I see others do...lol...and especially the images!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%