Cupcakes: How To Proceed?

Decorating By divadane Updated 5 Jun 2014 , 6:40pm by Lfredden

divadane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divadane Posted 5 Jun 2014 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 3

AThis am I baked 2.5 dozen cupcakes for favors for a party we are having this coming Sunday. I will be filling them w CK Strawberry filling (I've done cakes w this stuff so I know it can be left out) and frosting w a simple bc.

The cupcakes are currently stored in 2 airtight cake carriers. They are not yet filled.

I am trying to decide if I should fill them today so that all I need to do Sunday am is place in boxes and frost, or if I should wait to fill because I need to leave them at room temp (no room in freezer)-

I guess the 3rd option would be to fill and freeze in airtight container until Sunday, box and frost... But I think the carriers are way too tall to fit in freezer.

Since they are favors and people may let them sit out for a couple of days, my top priority is prolonging freshness. My 2nd priority is to do as much as possible in advance of Sunday am!

Thanks in advance- everyone has been so helpful here!

2 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 5 Jun 2014 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by divadane 

I am trying to decide if I should fill them today so that all I need to do Sunday am is place in boxes and frost, or if I should wait to fill because I need to leave them at room temp (no room in freezer)-

I guess the 3rd option would be to fill and freeze in airtight container until Sunday, box and frost... But I think the carriers are way too tall to fit in freezer.

I assume you have not done shelf life testing. So if freshness and quality is the main concern I suggest you fill them Sunday. 

Lfredden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lfredden Posted 5 Jun 2014 , 6:40pm
post #3 of 3

AFill them Sunday, 2.5 dozen cupcakes don't take very long to fill.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%